• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

will my 580 ck lift a 2500# central boiler

onemank6

Does anyone know what a 1970 580 ck loader will lift also what about the backhoe.Im getting ready to purchase a 2500# wood boiler and they want $150.00 to deliver and set it but i have a trailer and the 580ck and i am thinking of just doing it myself im just not sure if i can lift it or not.i would really like to use the backhoe but if i cant i will use the loader.If anyone knows anything about this please let me know thanks

robin yates uk

most if not all loader/backhoes of this size will safely lift a ton.If you have any doubts about using the backhoe, remove the bucket and use proper safety chains or straps

JDOFMEMI

I don't know about the older one, but I used to set 4,000 lb sections of pipe with the hoe on my 580K. 2,500 lb should be not much trouble. Just make sure to use good rigging practices. I have seen people strap or chain through the bucket linkage and then cut the rigging by curling the bucket. Make sure not to do that.

onemank6

That is what im hoping for i would rather set it with the backhoe easy to move around that way and as far as rigging i always use overkill anyway i have seen some stupid stuff myself and have done some to thanks for the help.

CMSMOKE

I can't find any specs. on a CK, but the front of a K supposedly would lift 5500 lbs./ the dipper on the hoe is rated at 4000 lbs.. This would be when the machine was new. I have never seen one capable of those numbers, especially on the hoe end, regardless of age. These figures are right from factory literature. The 580K was light years ahead of a CK so you be the judge. That being said, I would pay the $150.00 any day. Let them have the responsibllity of hauling, slinging and setting it. What happens if something goes wrong? Just my opinion.