• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Windows 8 pc operating system- A very Poor design

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
:Banghead We just replaced 1 of our office computers and the new one came with Windows 8 installed. I will say I feel it is the worst operating system on the market & the most difficult to navigate around on and slow at that. Microsoft wake up!

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
did you find the feature which brings the system back to look like window7?

I played around with it a little bit, Windows 8 is a wreck. Even in Window 7 mode, it doesn't work the same as it used to.

I bet you could return it and have windows 7 installed if you asked.

I know I bought a laptop once when vista was shipping. But on certain laptops they were allowed to install xp if the customer wished.

Look for something like that.

Good luck, you'll need it.

grandpa

Come on give it a chance.... I'm and old geezer and thought the same when I first got it..... Now that im used to it its ok...... and im NOT a putor wizard for d&^n sure.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
grandpa, I am trying to give it a chance but it is so awful and poorly put together / designed it %isses me off.. All the mobile apps / tiles are ludicrous let alone the fact you have no start button. I will deal with it because it is too much work to change it back now.

watglen, I am going to try to find what you are talking about to change it to windows 7

Cmark

There's a rumour that Windows 9 with a start menu will be released in May because 8 has tanked.

That's what I'm waiting for before I give up XP.