• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

winter & batteries

old skool iron

Occupation
:·)»
I bought a five amp solar battery charger maintainer,at horbor frieght. i got plexiglass from local hard ware store and glue made for this material. l cut four strips of the plexiglass, to length top and sides. cut a top piece,and glued them all togeather with four L brackets to screw to top of my skid. put charger inside ,works great keeps batteries charged and will not allow batteries to freeze. the solar charger is mounted with rubber pads to cab top, and mounting tabs on charger. OSI

old skool iron

Occupation
:·)»
I paid $ 39.95 for solar charger, and $ 8.00 for plexiglass. I cut the plexiglass with a fine tooth skill saw after i put duck tape on on area to be cut. my cut mark was on the tape. the glue i had on hand in the shop. the sides and top were four inches tall. the face or top plate i cut to be one inch larger then the solar charger all the way around. The length of the side pices to fit just inside the top for a good seal. the glue is made for plexiglass. I think fish tank glue will work. OSI.