• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

work pics

rino1494

I've cleared acres and acres and loaded trucks with stumps with no thumb or guards for years. We got a thumb about 6 or 7 years ago, but still no guards :)

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Here's some pics of this last weekend. This machine is our loaner until our new 312CL gets here on Thursday! We have a huge job, about 90 acres of orchard to remove in about a months time. This was a job I was doing for a friend this weekend. Enjoy.

frasierorchard3resize.jpg

frasierorchard5resize.jpg

frasierorchard6resize.jpg

You'll have to use the links, they were too big to resize and I'm lazy! Haha

Last edited:

Wawrecker

More Demo Pics

This is a Shopping center we did a substantial amount of Selective demo, Here we are breaking inplace an 8" concrete tilt wall, We removed 250 lf on this site in addition to gutting the building.

Attachments

• sho1.JPG
    sho1.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 903

Wawrecker

Another from the same building removing the entry canopy, Just a couple cuts with a torch in the right place and pull it over!

Attachments

• sho2.JPG
    sho2.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 911

Wawrecker

this is an old warehouse in Tacoma where we completly demo'ed a 60' section from roof to dirt while business as usual was conducted on both sides of the work.

Attachments

• sh3.JPG
    sh3.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 899

Wawrecker

This is a Walmart supercenter expansion, We removed 700 LF of exterior 12" fully grouted cmu wall.

Attachments

• sh4.JPG
    sh4.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,809
  • sh5.JPG
    sh5.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,800

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I like that last pic, I bet that wall made quite a thump then you pulled it down.

tylermckee

Basement dig i just finished, its right on the beach, the back side of the house is right on the 50' setback from the water, where i overdug im not actually suppsed to touch, so dont tell anyone. ~8' deep for a full basement, its gonna be a 3 story house cause they are trying to cram too much house on too little lot, house is only 66'x24'

Attachments

• Untitled-9.jpg
    Untitled-9.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,679

tylermckee

where is that damn truck. i had 2 trucks hauling for me, moved over 500 ton of material out of there in about 6 hours.

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,670

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
It looks like its nice and easy digging no big nuggets to try dig out the material looks like its got some clay in it. The lot sure isn't that big I can see why you had to truck away material there is no room. I don't know why people like to be crammed on a small lot it looks like the houses are pretty close to each other. The access road is like the ones we have here you have no room to turn around so you have to back in a mile.

Do you have a nice loud horn on that machine so when you honk the horn to tell the truck driver the truck is full it makes the other neighbours in the area pay attention :bouncegri

tylermckee

yeah that material was all clay, its fill too when they cut that road in 30 years ago they just pushed everything over the bank, i was down 8 feet and still on fill, although only a couple inches. It was nice digging, pretty hard took a lot of scratching to hit grade. its the kind of material that acter a little rain you can hhop in the hole and run and stop and slide about 10 feet. the actual lot is a pretty good size, its just that this is the only buildable area, as we have to stay behind the 50' ordinary highwater set back. this road is a cake walk, should see the road that was cut in to get to our last custom home, 24% grade going down and around a corner, with no turn around at the bottom of course.

Yup honk to stop, honk to leave, neighbors here are down in arizona for the winter, and the other house is still in construction so i dint have any audience.

Last edited:

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
I can imagine we have those nasty driveways here where you have to push trucks back up a driveway because the trucks have no chance of getting back out.

What we do here when we are loading trucks is take a full bucket full and swing the machine around and hold the bucket up in the air over the area where you want the truck to be. When the truck is backing under the bucket you drop the load in the box when the truck is in the position you need it the driver is supposed to stop. I was working with a new guy he was driving the truck backing towards me I dropped the bucket full in the box but he kept backing up. I had to get out tell him to move ahead the driver soon learned the system.

One job I was working on had the boss driving truck I got the truck loaded and ready to go he was standing over in a corner chin wagging to someone which he would give us **** if we are talking to somebody so I layed on the horn. He sure snapped to it and got back into the truck :laugh

tylermckee

Yeah i usually hold the bucket up and they know to back under it, our truck driver has enough common sence to stop close enough, but not so far away that i have to boom all the way out, usually that is.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
The last little bit of the rambling :)

I didn't like it when the boss was driving because its got to be murphys law I'am loading the truck he is driving I swing over with a full bucket full of mixed dirt and rock and the one rock has to slip out and bounce off the top of the box rail.

The job we were working on involved digging fill out of a bank it was hard friggin material the excavator bucket just bounced over the surface. The material had to be clean no rocks so I had to pick out the rocks. I pretty much worked all day no lunch the only break I had was for a few minutes to drain my bladder and back on the machine.

Grader4me

Ford LT-9000 said:
The last little bit of the rambling :)
I pretty much worked all day no lunch the only break I had was for a few minutes to drain my bladder and back on the machine.

What? Isn't that what we all do when operating equipment? Thats why we all stay so skinny:laugh

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Its one of the reasons why I left the company I didn't like the fact that everything was go go go. Trying to eat your lunch while working isn't easy a person needs a break. Actually after I quit a year ago I did gain weight now I'am trying to get enough exercise to get back down to atleast 170 from the 195 I'am at now.

tylermckee

when i went from doing carpentry and running equipment some times, to equipment full time i went from 175 to 200. i'm not fat but i dont have a six pack either :yup