• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

World war II Weekend

Jeff D.

we found a Hough I think its an H30
You snuck this in there on the edit. You guys do have good taste!!:thumbsup

I've a H30B. It may be old & antiquated, but it still does everything I've asked of it yet.

I hope she'll work out good for you guys.:)

reel knotty

thanks, yeah she is in real good shape. The steering has a little play in it and a weld is broken on the tortion bar but other than that she is fine. Motor and hydrolics are in top condition. After i get it painted and stenciled i'll post some pics.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
hey, i know where that case si and trailer sleep, a friend owns them.... bet he doesnt know that they are on here. He is working on an american crawler airborne dozer and pan now.

Last edited:

wrenchbender

Hey digger that 1942 Diamond T looks just like my 1951 Diamond T6X6 5 ton wrecker. Specs on the door are pretty much the same also I think I get a little better MPG than that.Well she used to look like that.We changed the tire size first went from 900-20's to 1100-20's and that was to much for the road. Although it was much better in the mud and what little snow we get around here. Added a bumper under the bumper on the front built a rear bumper added lights on the cab and horns painted it red & black and a few other mods. Around these parts she is known as Big Monkey cause she can hang on to about anything. I'll see if I can find a pic or two and post'em later.

knucklehead98

Jus thappened to dig up this old thred. I noticed alot of people mentioning the Seabees on here, and was wondering if anyone happened to be in Danang @'69 to 71.dad was there not sure when, we don't have the best relationship. But thought it may be neat if I were to find somone he may know.Just a thought(usually gets me in trouble)

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
I spent a good bit of 69 and 70 about 150 miles south of there @ Phu Cat but I know there is no way I would have known him.

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Digger there are all kinds of interesting things like that in Pa, one reason I like the state. A few years ago before marriage some freinds and I stopped at the reinassance fair and tried to snag some maidens. Some scary guy with scythe ran us off. Pa does love it's history and I have spent prolly 6 vacations there attending different festivals and such never got to do the military thing time money and vacation never in the right place. maybe next year, but please make sure the scythe is at home? Plesae?

Another thing R. Lee Ermy is one tough dude. Only thing he'll here from me is yes sir no sir. Guess boot camp never wears off huh?

Cat287B

Took these pics last May, should be in the air by now. I'm sure it'll be in a Warbird airshow soon. I'll try and post more pics,putors slow tonight.
Pete

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
nice!

That's a good lookin' arow-plane there. The airframe and powerplant classes at my school would love to have a look at her. I would too.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Is that the one they raised from under the ice? There are supposed to be only 6 P-38s left in existence. My friend's grandfather was a pilot in one.

Cat287B

No its not Glacier Girl. Its Putt Putt Maru. She's in Kissimmee Fl at a shop that restores and maintains old Warbirds.
This one flew in about 2 years ago from out West. It was sweet to watch, real quiet, exhaust comes out on top.
Google Putt Putt Maru its got a hell of a story, can't remember all the details.
Pete

NZLOGGER

Occupation
Free lance journalist
World War Two weekend

Great photos, more so as our New Zealand army using some of this gear in the 60s when I served. The first truck photo of a GMC CCKW-353 these trucks as war surplus had a long use here in New Zealand converted as logging trucks and pulling a two axle pole trailer. NZ LOGGER

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Nice pictures! I was lucky enough one time to see a B-17 fly over on it's way to an airshow. The next day I saw a B-24! There are only one or two still flying.

Last edited: