• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar VIO55-5B running hot

1974Northerner

Good evening

I have been trying to get my excavator to run cooler, it will gradually heat up beyond 200 if i work it hard
I have flushed the system several times until it stayed clean
removed the thermostat
Replaced the Water Pump
System does not build pressure and also tested for exhaust in the coolant and its good
On the machine the fan pushes air out from engine through Rad, I question this but there is no way to change as far as I know
Any advise be greatly appreciated

old timer

Occupation
field mechanic
Good evening to you too.

lets see if I can help, first, i would re-install the thermostat (preferably a new one)
4TNV,s are pretty reliable, rarely do they overheat.

Then I would look at the hydraulic system, is it getting hot? Use a I/R thermometer on the lines.

Also, be very particular about ANY debris in the cooler. Ran into this with a large excavator, at first look it seemed clean but I found that the corners and edges did not clear. Believe it or not, about a 1/2 inch around the edges was enough to overheat the hydraulics. Only way I found is to remove and have the cooler cleaned professionally.

Hope this helps.