• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ZX160 tilt rams

Huffa

Our ZX160 has developed a problem where the tilt bucket goes floppy on one side, even as you are just tracking along the bucket drops down on the left side and goes all loose so you have to re tilt it to centre constantly, it's getting worse while digging too, looses pressure on one side so you are always on the tilt buttons to keep it tight. I know its not the bucket rams as I thought it was with the old single ram tilt bucket but now have a brand new twin ram and its actually worse. Is this a spool problem? Any ideas on where I should start? Thanks

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Huffa
Do you have a schematic how the tilt cylinders are connected that would make it easier to help you.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Yes it would be nice to get a fighting chance
Uffex
"At least, he should provide us with the manufacturer's brand name, Model of the tilted bucket, I recommend."

Huffa

Sorry guys it's a Hitachi ZX160-1, Robur twin ram tilt bucket, unfortunately I don't have a schematic diagram

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day can you confirm this is the device you have ?
Kind regards
Uffex
upload_2020-11-3_17-37-22.png

Huffa

No thats a tilting head, mine is s tilt bucket, but like I said it was doing it with my old single ram tilt bucket

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201104-093408_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201104-093408_Photos.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 9

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Hi Huffa
I am guessing a little you are connected the tilt cylinders to the ZX160 option circuit which can also serve for hammer - just a chance it is not selected for hammer ? How are you steering the tilt with a foot pedal?
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Just an observation the bucket has Viby Jerns Denmark logo on it.
When you operate the tilt does it work in both directions?
Uffex

Huffa

So there is 2 steel piped aux lines that run down the boom and dipper with quick couplers on the end that's what my bucket connects to. Yes it tilts both ways but the pressure continually backing off one side is getting rather annoying

LACHAU

Just an observation the bucket has Viby Jerns Denmark logo on it.
When you operate the tilt does it work in both directions?
Uffex
Hello Uffex,
It is a product of the company "ROBUR ATTACHMENTS" in New Zealand.
https://robur.co.nz/roburtiltbucket/

I think "Huffa" have to has an operating manual for its ram tilter.
Below are some pictures of ROBUR model: RDLC - RDLT & RPTC.

I guess his ram slant bucket is RTB12-1850 or RTB12-2000.

Anyway, he should give us the operating instructions of his model.

ROBUR TILT CIRCUIT.png

ROBUR CIRCUIT 2.png

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Folks
I to initially thought Huffa had this device but his explanation discounted this explaining that it was a straight forward tilt bucket with two cylinders reading between the lines his original attachment had only one cylinder this also was afflicted with the same issue. Huffa if you could follow those lines back to the main control block and take a photo it will confirm where you are connected. At this present time I would suspect a shock-port relief valve. See when we have a photo, do you operate the tilt with a floor pedal?
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Huufa - Lachau
I believe the attached illustration is what we are discussing maybe you can confirm Huffa.
KR
Uffex

Attachments

• EX160TiltCylinders.pdf
    876.5 KB · Views: 6

LACHAU

My fault!! Not asking what model of ZX machine is!!
I suddenly remembered that the ZX160-6 had a built-in function for tilting bucket as a optional function!!

ZX160-6 Optional Hydraulic Circuit.jpg

Attachments

• ZX160-6 Option Hydraulic Circuit.pdf
    937.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Huffa & Lachau
I gave the issue some thought is it a possibility that the shock - refill valves have not been installed (See EXTRA) that would explain what the issue is, if we could see the valve section that the tilt has been connected that would help. According to my hydraulic schematic these versions of Hitachi were devoid of shock valves.
Feed back would be nice.
Kind regards
Uffex

upload_2020-11-5_9-11-32.png