• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

140G hydraulic pump setup

kmel

Hi all
I’ve been asked to check out a 140 G as i was in the area (remote west qld) doing some other jobs

So the story goes it had blown the hydraulic pump was taken to a shop for fixing and they couldn’t get a cat pump so an ITR was fitted and they have had trouble setting things up
So i have very little steering (won’t turn on the ground)
I have a pressure gauge on distribution valve ( as it sends oil to both control banks for lift extra)
So LH bank seems to function fine but the left is all over the place artic has limited push , blade lift is now better but can change to no lift on next pull of lever

It seems like a relief valve or sensor line is not working
Have been into cat sis and there is no information as to how to setup a hydraulic pump
Any help would be appreciated by the owner

kmel

Yeah sorry thought I put it in there but I see i didn’t

Attachments

• IMG_5106.jpeg
    IMG_5106.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 4

kmel

I need to proof read my typing LH side bank is functioning mostly correctly but RH is all over the place

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I should have included this as well. The theory of the implement/steering system operation. If you understand better how the system is supposed to work it might make it easier to troubleshoot.

Attachments

• Implement & Steering SysOp.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

kmel

So reporting in on out come of the hydraulic pump saga of 140G it was worked on by another company for replacement all stripped down and replaced by them
( Im 7th mechanic to pull it on as we do other work for the client also)
so pump is an ITR 6E5072 same number as cat comes with compensator valve fitted.
Some fittings were changed to make fit (this is what I was told) so armed with only Cat info as itr wasn’t very fourth coming. And some of my own investigation of 1 other G model the issue was that the sensor line pressure was correct but wouldn’t work the pump when implement lever was activated so found that the sensor line was in the wrong position fixed all hydraulics work

But the steering is still not, went looking for a relief valve at steering orbital but didn’t find anything
Removed spool on steering priority valve nothing
Hoping it may be air as I didn’t have the correct fittings to do the bleed of steering cylinders which is next week