• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1996 Komatsu PC60-6 - Left track backwards moves full speed, left track forward very slow

JizzleB

I'm guessing this is probably the swivel joint needs rebuilding, but before I get super dirty underneath for no reason I figured I should run this by you experts.

Both sticks full forward: Left track slightly slower than right track and less power, turns slightly to left
Both sticks full backward: Normal operation

Left stick full forward: Track very slow, sometimes no movement (You can hear hyd fluid moving though)
Left stick full backward: Normal operation

Right stick full forward: Normal operation
Right stick full backward: Normal operation

Thanks in advance.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I suggest it may be less troublesome to switch the motors in preference to taking out the central joint, or if you prefer the easy way see attached.I am guessing you machine is devoid of shock valves.
Kind regards
Uffex

JizzleB

Much appreciated - I'll have a read of that document.

I was also considering switching the drive lines and seeing if the problem is reversed.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
That is a good method of isolating the cause of the issue.
Kind regards
Uffex

junkfixer

Not that model but on other excavators I have flipped the lines at the manifold for the drives. If the drive is still slow it's usually the drive. If not, you can proceed with troubleshooting