• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2 trees to a load?

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
hi dave, nice pics, i had a quick look at the website , blocks from $145,000. that seems very reasonable for there, when i learnt to dive i stayed at huskisson for a week, i was a lot younger and fitter then, i used to run to vincentia and back every afternoon, i thought land would be a lot more expensive there. i have a vague recolection about a proposd nuclear plant at jervis bay, i think the politicians were just testing public reaction, i doubt there will ever be a nuclear power plant built in australia, or another steelworks, cheaper to import steel from china.

Wolf

Red Oak you cut last summer that measured 65" across the stump

Here is a picture of a large Red Oak I cut a few days ago that measured 65" across the stump and had 1024 board feet (Doyle rule) in the first 16' cut. For Tennessee, that's a big tree! The saw is a Husky 395XP with 28" bar.

that is one heck of a big tree. how did you get away with cutting down something that big and that old without the leaflickers and tree huggers going wild? or didn't they see you do it til it was too late, heh heh heh.

Iron Horse

i have a vague recolection about a proposd nuclear plant at jervis bay, i think the politicians were just testing public reaction, i doubt there will ever be a nuclear power plant built in australia .

The public fall for it every time , the government would have had another agenda that they wanted to quietly push through . So they come up with things like nuclear power plants and pulp mills to draw the public eye and then the sneaky buggers get busy while no ones looking . Hmmm , maybe i should learn a few tricks from the masters .

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
The public fall for it every time , the government would have had another agenda that they wanted to quietly push through . So they come up with things like nuclear power plants and pulp mills to draw the public eye and then the sneaky buggers get busy while no ones looking . Hmmm , maybe i should learn a few tricks from the masters .

politicians are very good at manipulating the media, another of their favourites is to leak a story to the press to guage public opinion, a good way see see if they can get away with whatever they want to do, if it creates a lot of negative publicity they can just deny they were considering it..