• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2007 Terex 760B Outriggers both lower at the same time - Help

CATGIL

New Cat guy here. I'm out in the field making friends and working for my customers. I have a gentleman who has a 2007 Terex 760B backhoe and his outriggers lower both at the same time. He is frustrated and wants it fixed. He says they are supposed to work independently. There are 2 joysticks together and it looks like 1 boot. Anyone run into this? Is it a solenoid or a dirty cartridge? Any help/advice would be great. Thanks

Welder Dave

Sounds like something wrong in the valving is causing oil to flow to both. Bad O-ring(s), dirt or something similar may be causing the problem. The stabilizers should each have a separate control to raise and lower. Have any hoses been recently changed that could have been hooked up wrong? Do both stabilizers operate at the same time and is it the same with either stabilizer control? The joysticks for the backhoe shouldn't have anything to do with the stabilizers unless there is problems within the valve. Do all the backhoe functions work properly? Not sure if that machine would use solenoid valves. They were fairly basic machines that were less money to purchase than the more popular brands. Originally they were MF Industrial machines.

XeNoMoRpH

I don't know if you have access to the workshop manual (it mostly costs, but it can be had for free), but I pulled two pages out from it. It shows the Backhoe Control Valve. and one of the stabilizer elements (right and left are the same). Hopefully this can help you with your diagnosis.
manual_252-1.jpg manual_255-1.jpg