• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

544K road speed too slow!

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
Watglen,
in your post from Friday 2:01 PM transmission is in 4th, but engine rpm only 1655. This is far too low, should be close to 2200 rpm then. Even in stall condition engine got 2100 rpm.
My assumption:
There is an engine speed limitation set somewhere to avoid too high travelling speed.
Sorry, i missed your reply. I wanted to clear that up.
In that pic i was focused on what the display showed for available gears.
I have 4 distinct gears. There are 3 distinct gear changes.
Warmed up, the machine does 15mp at 2200 rpm, flat pavement.

Stall test: 3rd gear wide open, brakes applied, gives a stall rpm of 2100.

lock up button does nothing....option not installed.

I was hoping for some sort of setting that limits speed, but so far no-one has pointed to that.

Thanks for your help
Ken

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Yes, there is a setting for maximum high gear. Press and hold the select button for 5 seconds to enter the Service Mode. Scroll to Machine Configuration until it is highlighted, press select. Scroll to Maximum High Gear, press select. Since you do not have a lock-up TC, the maximum you can pick is 4th.

Might want to try a transmission calibration also.

Northern mb

Is Max speed something that can be set for each operator? I have never run a deer wheel loader of that age but in know on my bosses 848l skidder I once entered the wrong start code and got some previous operators settings. Was kinda annoying as he preferred his hydraulic control pattern backwards

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
Yes, there is a setting for maximum high gear. Press and hold the select button for 5 seconds to enter the Service Mode. Scroll to Machine Configuration until it is highlighted, press select. Scroll to Maximum High Gear, press select. Since you do not have a lock-up TC, the maximum you can pick is 4th.

Might want to try a transmission calibration also.
Clarification. I know I am in 4th gear on the road. 3 distinct gear changes put me in 4th. Does this setting affect the speed in 4th somehow?