• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580c starter circuit short

David O'Donnell

I have a 580c with the Nippondenso type starter. It has started tripping the 40 amp breaker when I try to start it. Have had the starter and battery checked. All of the wiring in the starter circuit seems to be ok. What am I missing?

JL Sargent

Right off the bat I would suggest checking that the starting system is still wired right. You've checked the battery and the starter. If something got crossed it could cause this problem. Hopefully somebody with experience on your specific machine will chime in.

David O'Donnell

Right off the bat I would suggest checking that the starting system is still wired right. You've checked the battery and the starter. If something got crossed it could cause this problem. Hopefully somebody with experience on your specific machine will chime in.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll explore that possibly.

Delmer

remove the small switched control wire from the solenoid. Try to start it. If it still trips you have a short. If it doesn't trip, your solenoid coil could be burned up, get another solenoid, or check the ohms of the solenoid against a similar solenoid.

David O'Donnell

remove the small switched control wire from the solenoid. Try to start it. If it still trips you have a short. If it doesn't trip, your solenoid coil could be burned up, get another solenoid, or check the ohms of the solenoid against a similar solenoid.
Thanks