• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580sk steel brake lines

JakeSherlock

Hello from the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia. I'm currently doing a floor rebuild in my 1992 sk and see my metal brake lines are near eaten through. Does anyone know if these are available somewhere? If not ,how about size,Flare etc?? Are they Jic or just regular double flare...1/4 inch? ID OD stuff. Thanks in advance.. Jake.

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
Welcome to ask these questions for sure. And it is appreciated to have some pics so the advice is more in line with the inquiry.

In case you are already proceeding, please make sure to check the specs for the type of fluid - I have a memory (bad one) of not realizing some brake systems on tractors utilize hydraulic fluid as opposed to brake fluid.

Tinkerer

If the flares and a short length of the tubing is still in good condition, I have cut them off and reused them by splicing them onto new tubing. NAPA stocks the tubing and couplings.
I always use steel couplings because they will withstand the pressure.
Lines #8 & 9 are $112.00 @. at a CNH dealer.
lines.jpg

JakeSherlock

Thanks for your replies .I do have a service, parts and operators manual for my machine...I did find these 2 lines at mycnhistore as referenced above. Quite pricy for sure....what else is new. Do you guys know if these fittings are metric or standard pitch?.. Guess I could just start tearin them out and throw my pitch gauge on them to find out. From what I have seen over the years some is metric.... some standard on these machines of this era.....this one is a 1992.