• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

850c II

Diesel Dave

Is the oil actually hot ? or is there temperature switch /wiring issues.
Have you measured the actual transmission oil temperature with a heat gun when the warning is active ?

Last edited:

emarr

Yes the oil is hot, i have not chek with a heat gun but i know is hot because it melted the hydrologic measure tube on the back of the tank, the one that tell you until were to fill the tank

Diesel Dave

Have a good look at the transmission oil cooler core for plugging with dirt /debris. I suggest to remove any shrouds, guarding etc. so it can be pressure washed well.
There could also be issues with the oil cooler bypass valve not sending the proper oil flow through the cooler.

emarr

Hello, is that the valve?

Attachments

• 20230719_113955.jpg
    20230719_113955.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 20230719_113942.jpg
    20230719_113942.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

emarr

Hello, i turned the machine on, in parking for about 20 minutes and the hydraulic transmission tank got hot a lot more than the one next to it, that could be the valve right? Or is there any other test that i can do?

Diesel Dave

If the transmission oil only is getting hot under “no load” I would suspect there is something else going on.
When the park brake is released do the track (s) creep in any direction ?