• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

And so it begins.

crane operator

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
What I can say is that the greenies have been able to put a gun to the head of industry to make this happen. What is missing is the "or what" question if it can't get done in the time frame allotted. Going hungry, being cold at night, very hot during the day and can't afford to go anywhere may make people realize that the gun is unloaded.

Still though, this is America so don't count out whether or not things can or can't happen in the future.

Truck Shop

Right along with everywhere else half of Mexico's territory is suffering drought. Texas drought.

cfherrman

We will approach a point of too far and I'll believe that will bring this craziness to an end. Probably the only action that will solve this is a trucker strike, and it's already expensive to haul in ca, this will probably double it.

AzIron

The shear volume of produce that comes out of California is astounding not to mention forage production and dairy California has one of the largest dairy cow populations in the world and while ca has water and drought issues if they went back to better management practices they would be In better shape

The port situation is already working itself out and i am willing to bet that in 5 years long beach wont put the strangle hold on the market that it does now.

Weather electric takes hold or not time will tell ca already imports a lot of there base load from other states because there rules dont make it economical to build there so weather the grid will rise to challenge or not is hard to say but will be a rough road for a while

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Cali is trying to legislate 10 lb's of **** fit in a 5 lb bag - it's just not going to work out the way they think it will.

The government is the only entity so ignorant enough to come up with a plan like this.

hosspuller

Cali is trying to legislate 10 lb's of **** fit in a 5 lb bag - it's just not going to work out the way they think it will.

The government is the only entity so ignorant enough to come up with a plan like this.

Only because people in gov't do not suffer any consequences for poor decisions.

examples...
Naval ordinance bureau - Mark 14 torpedoes.
Washington Public Power Supply System (WPPSS) circa 1983
Further recent examples would get into political discussions. Above principle still applies.

Truck Shop

Washington Public Power Supply System (WPPSS) circa 1983

Yes-the problem was the counties that bought into WPPSS, some didn't like Grant County because that
county bought into dam projects, and has some of the cheapest power in the U.S.