• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

And so it begins.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
WPPSS was a problem but falls into the old school of thought as to Cost Plus Contracts. NRC has a problem where get into semantics, extreme what if conditions then become aggressive when bow to one request changing to demands on issues that have no bearing on safe operations. Watched this First hand where made comments as to why an Agent was asking a question or what their basis of the question was and was told to Stop Poking the Cat in the Cage. These Ego Monsters were set on the Nuclear industry with Carte Blanche magnitude orderability, heads just kept swelling with New Ideas on how to make names for themselves. Bunch of hack engineer wannbes' that have no business in business positions and can barely walk with so much swinging empty mass above their shoulders.

Truck Shop

The cheapest power states-ND, MO. AR, LA and Washington. But Washington uses a lot of natural gas
from Canada. Although back in the late 70's early 80's Shell drilled 5 different wells into huge pools
of natural gas. Each well is over 15,000' deep-been setting capped ever since-in the middle of the state.

JD955SC

How will Cali produce the needed electricity to replace the diesel powered trucks? Didn't they have blackouts last summer? Morons.

they won’t

the same people screaming to end fossil fuels are the same people who protest any energy infrastructure, including green energy (which has no hope of filling the gap due to low density anyway) just for the sake of protesting.

you can’t reason with these freaks they don’t know logic discourse they only think on emotion which is why they are so stupid to anybody with common sense

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I see advantages to the current Small Modular Reactor systems, SMR Units, low enrichment value, smaller fuel assemblies Same size Width and number tubes using same tooling to manipulate just shorter, compact design incorporates into a single column package what required several acres of constructed buildings to house for the massive old nukes. Easier to add or remove a 150-250mw turbine generator from the grid than a 800-1300mw monster, can assemble several of these into a site even set them apart for safety should one rupture a steam line, run several smaller easier to transport or repair turbines and generators while still maintain a specific power density on grid. These are also designed on a 24 month fuel cycle not 18 as the older units.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
they won’t

the same people screaming to end fossil fuels are the same people who protest any energy infrastructure, including green energy (which has no hope of filling the gap due to low density anyway) just for the sake of protesting.

you can’t reason with these freaks they don’t know logic discourse they only think on emotion which is why they are so stupid to anybody with common sense
My theory is most of them have likely had relatively easy and problem-free lives that they need to invent issues.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Scrutinized with microscopes to find least significant concern to the Agent that really had no bearing on safe operations. 3/4 of the DEMANDED added safety features the NRC had required for the plant I was in due to TMI either retired in place fully disconnected or was fully removed as a encumbrance to safe operations. Hundreds of thousands of dollars to install, and again to remove. Found the Reactor with steam generators intact and aux feed pumps NOT safety related running to send feed water while powered down was safer than flowing water thru the core with safety pumps. Removed heat passively in the reactor coolant system faster and cleaner. Thermodynamics is a fun science.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Undoubtedly, and we are too aged to aid them repair it. Will only be able to point and state Fix That FIRST, Then THAT Second etc etc.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Let them hash it out, the strong will survive and the weak will perish. Trying to intervene to point the direction will only get you ostracized and dragged down with them.
As I tell the wife I love the weak stupid ones, keeps competition away, and you can make money off them. Cause of the stupid ones acreage is somewhat cheap here, was cheaper till idiots found out there is other idiots here and they could make it here in groups.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Idiots ran up property values here, are being destroyed in end year RE Taxes. Did NOT plan on upward spiral where are loading RE Agencies with properties FOR SALE. Still HIGH Dollar where buyers are thinning rapidly. Property by the Deere Dealership here, BAD to negligible access next to run off ditch. Steep Highway and internal terrain, logged several years to decade ago where not recovered and pasturage overgrown with sprouts/saplings, Sold Top end of craze pricing, resold for a loss several months later, still for sale from third buyer at a steeper loss with no takers. Rotted

Home on several acres at jct Hwy 100 and Hwy J, listed for YEARS above marketable value by City Dwellers looking at City prices, finally sold in the mass mayhem to Leave Civilization, paid DEARLY at double listed price, owner has spent again double to rehab the rotted house still has a rotted house and angry as had NO Inspections done. Last I heard from Contractors here, he is looking at a teardown to Stud walls, replace Rafters with Truss, rebuild insect damaged walls, replace ALUMINUM Conductor electrical system and bring up to code, complete tear out of Waste Control system, add a grey water discharge for laundry and softener with own sludge tank, elevate roadway INTO house so does not flood in median rainfalls, Replace entire Well system, casing BAD, pump is at best weak and piping Steel in grade, complete HVAC Refit. I had looked at the place when price was lower, could not make math work, saw only 75-80% of the issues, he and three others got into a bidding war, he got waxed.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Idiots ran up property values here, are being destroyed in end year RE Taxes. Did NOT plan on upward spiral where are loading RE Agencies with properties FOR SALE. Still HIGH Dollar where buyers are thinning rapidly. Property by the Deere Dealership here, BAD to negligible access next to run off ditch. Steep Highway and internal terrain, logged several years to decade ago where not recovered and pasturage overgrown with sprouts/saplings, Sold Top end of craze pricing, resold for a loss several months later, still for sale from third buyer at a steeper loss with no takers. Rotted

Home on several acres at jct Hwy 100 and Hwy J, listed for YEARS above marketable value by City Dwellers looking at City prices, finally sold in the mass mayhem to Leave Civilization, paid DEARLY at double listed price, owner has spent again double to rehab the rotted house still has a rotted house and angry as had NO Inspections done. Last I heard from Contractors here, he is looking at a teardown to Stud walls, replace Rafters with Truss, rebuild insect damaged walls, replace ALUMINUM Conductor electrical system and bring up to code, complete tear out of Waste Control system, add a grey water discharge for laundry and softener with own sludge tank, elevate roadway INTO house so does not flood in median rainfalls, Replace entire Well system, casing BAD, pump is at best weak and piping Steel in grade, complete HVAC Refit. I had looked at the place when price was lower, could not make math work, saw only 75-80% of the issues, he and three others got into a bidding war, he got waxed.
I own a parcel next to this one, paid $50k for mine (last year) same size. There is junked out cars on the property, the trailer isn't there, the shack built there is missing the ridge cap and has been past since it was built, there is also junked out travel trailers on the property and it's next door to a mentally unstable woman who will come and say you have taken her land, call sheriff on you for no reason.
If this place sells for that much I am cashing in for $1M with all my properties and buying a 640 acre spread to start over in the next county over. No you can't just go driving on the BLM out here as they state making it seem as if you can, the driveway up to the property ices over and doesn't defrost till May/June. No easement for the power they listed that is so close either and most of all the ground is rock let me repeat rock, I know cause I hauled hundreds of tons out of there, it's a gravel pit that's almost empty and no one to buy the gravel hardly.
https://www.landwatch.com/custer-county-montana-recreational-property-for-sale/pid/415139406
https://www.landwatch.com/rosebud-county-montana-hunting-property-for-sale/pid/414917520

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Have to be eight shades of Nuts to give close to $9k/acre for that. $1550/acre for the 640 is far too high as well. Can only expect $4500/acre HERE for reasonable farm ground WITH Electric close at hand off asphalt roads.

Down by Brother In Laws place at Gladden is a two room Cabin, one bath, sewage and electric available on 60acres County Rte O, $182,000

0 County Rd 6287 Unit 22063137, Salem, MO 65560 - For Sale (homes.com)
Just have to fight off the Meth Heads stealing everything.

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Bottom is about to fall out on Real Estate, rising interest rates, banks unwilling to loan as people get stupid on bidding wars. People in general unable to afford what they Want and give up to set in place.
TWO realtors here in town WANT our place BADLY, know its a instant Bidding war and sale. 78acres, barn Shop Shed 1860 sq ft main floor home 4br 4 bath over size two car garage, fenced cross fenced, lease to cattle raisers. BOTH have said sitting on a mil$$$$$$ property.

Just Can't Do it!!!