• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ATCO changing screen name

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
This is something I've been thinking about for some time. When I first joined the forum, not in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would become so active on HEF. I have since discovered it's a favorite place of mine, and a place where I have found a number of good neighbors from pretty much around the world.

I initially chose the name ATCOEQUIP because that's who I am, at least at present. But I have thought about it, and if God be willing, I plan to be at this site long after I'm no longer at ATCO. Whenever the time comes for me to move on to other things, it would certainly be prudent on my part to change my name at that time. But the more I ponder it, that's only putting off the inevitable. Since the need to change my screen name would be appropriate then, why put it off any longer.

So with all humility, and being of a contrite heart, I enter the court of the Admins and respectfully request that my screen name be changed to willie59, that is if I catch one in a generous mood. :tong

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Hmmpf. I'd have said no. :tong

But now, since you have the ability as a Mod to do so, you have to go back through the forums and change all references to your former screen name. I.E., anyplace where it says "ATCO would know the answer to that...", or "Ask ATCO. He knows all that stuff...", You need to change it to "willie59 would know..."

I mean, we're nothing but a bunch of dumb excavators, and we're easily confused. It's just not fair to us to do something that mentally challenging. :cool2

On edit: That would, of course, include anywhere that one of your 5,500+ posts was quoted as well...

:D

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hmmpf. I'd have said no. :tong

But now, since you have the ability as a Mod to do so, you have to go back through the forums and change all references to your former screen name. I.E., anyplace where it says "ATCO would know the answer to that...", or "Ask ATCO. He knows all that stuff...", You need to change it to "willie59 would know..."

I mean, we're nothing but a bunch of dumb excavators, and we're easily confused. It's just not fair to us to do something that mentally challenging. :cool2

On edit: That would, of course, include anywhere that one of your 5,500+ posts was quoted as well...

:D

I understand completely digger. But upon much pondering, the problem would only grow worse as time goes by. Better to take the medicine and get it over with. :)

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I'd like to change my name to ATCO.............he is soooooooo popular.I don't think that I could fill his shoes though.:(.Ron G

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
:eek:What the? ......... :eek:Where the?........... :eek:Who the?........... You realize we now we have a Superwillie :yup........ that's just doesn't sound right :spaz .........

:( I think there should have been a poll regarding this. :(

bill onthehill

Jeez! This is going to be almost as bad as learning a new name for a woman. Maybe put a sticky up for a while? There are some things an old guy should not have to go through anymore. Learning a new name is one of them.

OldandWorn

Good thing that you kept your same avatar as a visual link. Changing that at the same time would have resulted in mass confusion. :confused:

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Ok so i'l be the first to welcome you willie59! (not that you'll need it:D) And so tell us were did the name come from?

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Ok so i'l be the first to welcome you willie59! (not that you'll need it:D) And so tell us were did the name come from?

I'll take a punt - Paul WILLIs - born 1959

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
You guys are friggen hilarious. :lmao :falldownlaugh

Alrman; ding ding ding ding!

Winner winner chicken dinner! :D

dirty4fun

I am betting everyone will catch on pretty quick, especially when he continues to help us out. Glad you didn't add Wet or Slick on to the front, that might of been just a little much.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
i am thoroughly and utterly disgusted and confused.
am i still qball?
we love ya, brother.