• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

baked 24M anyone

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
found this on dhs pict is not mine just thought id shere:eek:

Attachments

• hot.jpg
    hot.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,637

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
the story is on dhs diecast . I will ask the the person to come over here and explain . I THINK HE SAID ITS UNDER INVESTIGATION. sorry not yelling hit caps lock:D:D

alco

I was going to say what it was that caused this, but edited it after some consideration over ethics.

Brian

Last edited:

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
man thats a bad deal , I hope they had insurance , and that the operator is ok , I have seen equipment burn once and it can go up pretty fast

ouch!! I was hanging with a corporate CAT demonstrator the other day and he said he just got back from china wer he delivered 5 24M blades at one time.

Ross

Yeah shes Baked good and proper.

Gonna be a pricey re-build.

was going to say what it was that caused this, but edited it after some consideration over ethics.

A chain of un-fortunate events caused the complete wipe-out.

Ross

Attachments

• 24M 2.jpg
    24M 2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,847
  • DSCF0241[1].jpg
    DSCF0241[1].jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,420

alco

A chain of un-fortunate events caused the complete wipe-out.Ross

Don't forget to add the incompetence on the part of those who preformed the repairs to the fittings.

Brian

Ross

Don't forget to add the incompetence on the part of those who preformed the repairs to the fittings.

Brian

Ha Ha Ha News Travels fast around here.

That was number 3 in the line of disasters.

I think the powers to be must be blamed as they gave the go ahead and over looked other things before the fire happened.

see they might have a few bugs after all...

Yup the M has a few teething problems like all machine's.

Ross

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Look on the bright side, 6 very good tyres looking for a new home :D bet the cutting edge is worth saving also.
Roast cat dont sound as appealing as roast duck! which is what got written on a wheelie over here a few years back :rolleyes:

I assume ( never assume :Banghead ) it was not deliberate sabotage, but neither was it completely down to a manufacturing fault :beatsme

Ross

Look on the bright side, 6 very good tyres looking for a new home bet the cutting edge is worth saving also.
Roast cat dont sound as appealing as roast duck! which is what got written on a wheelie over here a few years back

I assume ( never assume ) it was not deliberate sabotage, but neither was it completely down to a manufacturing fault

MMM Tandem Tires are shot. On a lighter note the front end is worth 400k as it is. Also, The ripper looks pretty clean!

The machine didnt burn up random. Chain of events caused this.

Its sitting in the yard now, Sight for sore eye's.

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

alco

I wouldn't go anywhere near those tires with air in them. Those things would be like bombs with a lit fuse that you would have no idea when they were gonna go off. I've seen burnt tires blow three days after the fire when they looked pretty much fine.

Brian

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Guess that fire suppression system isn't much good or the operator didn't stick around to hit it.

ballbags2428

Occupation
plant operator
was just a joke gavin...
seems wierd blades up n rippers are down might of been ripping that always knocks em about if ya having a bit of a go!!!

redline

Occupation
Plant operator and Tenkate plant hire
mmm would sure be good to hear about the events that led up to the heated moment in its life, I wander if the ripper's hydraulic line was burnt releasing the oil and allowing them to drop where'as the blade was far enouf forward that the hoses were spared hence the blade still being up