• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

baked 24M anyone

Lashlander

seems wierd blades up n rippers are down might of been ripping that always knocks em about if ya having a bit of a go!!!

I don't see any ripper marks leading to the ripper. I think it probably burnt the hose holding the ripper up like Redline said. Curious what went wrong though.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
parts

We keep gently prodding ;) are you going to elaberate on that chain of events :cool2
I never thought about the heat damage to tyres even if they didn't burn :Banghead
Front ends worth 400k, + rippers ! You dont think they'll go for a rebuild then,
just strip it for parts and scrap the rest ? Whats a new one cost anyways?

Ross

Dont worry about the tire's. They are safe. No air in them now.

We keep gently prodding are you going to elaberate on that chain of events
No. Cannot say as we dont know for sure.

Front ends worth 400k, + rippers ! You dont think they'll go for a rebuild then,
just strip it for parts and scrap the rest ?

Looks likley for a re-build. $900k and counting so far.

Whats a new one cost anyways?

$1.8 Million

Ross

Deas Plant

Bright side.

Hi, Grader4me.
Another point on the bright side is that there is a faint possibility of a lesson to be learned here. A case where an inquiry just might serves some useful purpose besides the dubious purpose of keeping the enquirers employed.

Ross

Hi, Grader4me.
Another point on the bright side is that there is a faint possibility of a lesson to be learned here. A case where an inquiry just might serves some useful purpose besides the dubious purpose of keeping the enquirers employed.

I dont think any lesson's will be learned by this fire TBH. This Aint the first multi-million Dollar machine to burn up here this year.

The Investigation is to decide Who will pay for the damage. The only reason its on-going is CAT cannot supply a new machine for atleast 4 month.

Ross

P.S We now think this machine will be sent to the scrapyard in the sky.

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
pretty new hold on to parts and get top dollar for them some one will needs parts when some one abuses one and tears it up sell them for a little under what cat wants for them new

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Check out just above the ripper... Not like those could have helped. Thats a lot of Rand for a new grader (13 million Rand). I'd like to know what the hour clock looked like...:mad:

Mass-X

One thing I'm curious about, is why in the first and second pictures of the machine on this thread, you can see that the second number and letter have been "painted" over. It looks to me like it was done on a computer program? Anyone know why?

While doing a reclamation in one of Newmont's mine's in Nevada in 2006, they burned a 24H to the ground that had less than 300 total hours on it. The end result looked a little worse than this machine considering the machine's fire managed to catch part of the fuel pump station on fire as well.

This is the third 24 I've heard of burning to the ground in the last 2 1/2 years. :confused:

Ross

One thing I'm curious about, is why in the first and second pictures of the machine on this thread, you can see that the second number and letter have been "painted" over. It looks to me like it was done on a computer program? Anyone know why?
Yup. I covered some of the stickers with black paint. Hide's Infomation about the mining company and location. I also cut the photo's to cut people and other equipment out of the original's
A few people probably know where this happened.

Ross