• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Basic Hydraulic Hose Replacement question?

witchermtnex

I have a John Deere 310se Backhoe and It needs a new hose for the rear bucket cylinder.. Its the big one that mounts to the rear of the cylinder and runs up to the hydraulic rail on the top of the hoe.. I have the hoe " boom " extended out and laying as flat on the ground as I can get it.. My question is can I simply get a spill bucket and wrenches to break the hose loose to take it off? or is there a special bleed down procedure that must be done first? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. I don't use it very much so I don't know very much about how it all works.

sheepfoot

With the hoe on the ground you should be able to work the loader and backhoe control levers with the engine off and relieve the pressure in the system. Depending on which hose it is, and how the cylinder is facing (some cylinders may need to be unpinned at the tube end to remove the hose). If this is your case i would raise the boom and place a support under the stick so the bucket has around 10" of rod showing with the teeth on the ground, This will give you some working room if the tube end has to be taken loose and pushed out of its mounting area. You can loosen both hoses and catch your waste oil while doing this to make it easier on yourself.