• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Big Crushing problem! Ideas needed please?

JDOFMEMI

I agree with the Surestrike idea, and had one for a while. It is hard to beat breaking large boulders. I would use the 50,000 ft/lb model, and have it mounted on either a 988B if you have a lot of gropund to cover, or on a 65 ton or largere excavator if you are going to bring the rock to it. Pair that with a 10,000 lb hydraulic breaker on a 45 ton excavator, as it is easier on smaller rock. The surestrike breaks large rock fine, but takes a while to line up for smaller rock. The combination would be hard to beat.
Then add enough loader power to move all this rock around and load it out.

GFood luck, and please give us an update of how it works out. With pictures, if you can.

Flash2004

Occupation
Boss
The wonderful customer sold his quarry in the middle of all this - he doesn't know I know - but is refusing to take or return my calls, or to even reply to my emailed details of our ideas. Its a great life being a salesman! What am I going to say to the next guy who says "here's my problem, I need an answer in a big hurry and money's no object"?

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
You can try a sure stike hammer I bet that would work. Or why not just drill and split a lot of oversized work is done that way

I think this would be the best idea!
is this company familliar to you? should be... http://www.rocktec.co.nz/page/5-Home
Their strike hammers look really good!
I think you could dismount the dipstick, and mount the strikehammer directly to the boom, then you can have a bigger hammer on a smaller carrier.
But like some one said, it would be good to have a additional 30-45 ton machine with a breaker to chip smaller stone. and a wheel loader or excavator to feed/take away material.

I have been thinking about a striker for concrete demolition!

OhioCATBrent

Go to www.IROCKCrushers.com In the world of portable crushers this is a big boy (500tph) as far as portable goes. IROCK was started by engineers and a Sales manager from Terex pegson and Powerscreen that disliked fancy marketing and wanted to get back to a product that does what it is susposed to do and not rely on what people concieved it would do simply by the brand name. Also look at Screen Machine INC. made in Columbus, Ohio.

I have not only operated these with an owner/operator limestone/slag outfit but now I started selling them simply because they beat the competition. They have made my family money and kept our owner operator costs low...and the price is below the others with a fancy name.