• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bleed Hydraulics 257b3 Caterpillar

Ruben1205

Just recently did work on my skid steer and lost a lot of hydraulic fluid. Can someone point me in the right direction to bleeding the lines? I filled reservoir with hydraulic fluid already.

Cat 257b3

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
You don’t need to. Operate the machine functions only at low idle RPM and slowly exercise each function back and forth but without taking the cylinders to the end of the stroke at the start. Keep stopping to check the oil level in the tank and top up as necessary. When the oil level stabilises indicating you have all the air out you can slowly move each cylinder to the end of the the stroke.

Ruben1205

Awesome. Thanks again. Should this process take a bit? Did it for a few minutes and still felt the same

Ruben1205

Works good now. Found another issue though….

The throttle is not working like it was before. The cable was removed when the motor was pulled so I’m assuming it’s just adjusting it correctly. What else could be the issue?