• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

British Columbia Forest Products Ltd.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Peter Mortensen Collection BCFP Renfrew Div. 1st picture an old style Hayes preload trailer "shortened up" parked in clear . 2nd picture #762 Skagit Slackline Tower and #71 a Northwest Log Loader loading an old style Hayes preload trailer set up and being loaded .

Attachments

• scan286.jpg
    scan286.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 38
  • scan301.jpg
    scan301.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 39

camptramp

Occupation
Peter Mortensen Collection BCFP Renfrew Div. #762 Skagit Slackline Tower (used as highlead yarder) , #71 Log Loader loading Hayes preload trailer .

Attachments

• scan287.jpg
    scan287.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 26
  • scan288.jpg
    scan288.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 25
  • scan289.jpg
    scan289.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 25
  • scan290.jpg
    scan290.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 26

camptramp

Occupation
Peter Mortensen Collection BCFP Renfrew Div. Some guy's we worked with 1st Bruce Wilson Started on the Rigging , 2nd rigged on Slacklines , Hooktender on High lead and Short Yarders , Operated Steel Towers , Line Log Loaders , Hydraulic Log Loaders and Hoe Chucker's . 2nd Roy King worked around the Landing mid 1960's . 3rd Al Vineyard and Sig Teit a couple of the Classic hard working Fallers from the "Contract Day's" on "Skidder" settings .

Attachments

• scan144.jpg
    scan144.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • scan291.jpg
    scan291.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 21
  • scan322.jpg
    scan322.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 21

camptramp

Occupation
Always been curious if there was rail at Tuck because one section through the trees is flat like it had been a railway. Certainly can't find any information on it.
The area surrounding Tuck Lake was logged by Railroad from the Camp 3 Div. . When the New Growth was Truck Logged in the late 1990's - early 2000's some of the roads were rebuilt Railroad grade .

camptramp

Occupation
Peter Mortensen Collection BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-6263 P16 Pacific pulling Lowbed with #93 TL15 Track Loader on board . Parked at Hemmingsen Cr. M/L and Harris Cr. M/L Junction . #6-221 HDX Hayes Logging truck also in picture .

Attachments

• scan332.jpg
    scan332.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 30

Renfrew

hello everyone as a port renfrew resident I have been keenly following in the footsteps of many before me, my family the Phillips have been here a long time, I have visited all the sites of past, found an abundance of left behind artifacts, logging equipment and many unspoken treasures, my latest quest is camp 2 and its artifacts of past, is there anyone within this group that can provide a map of the many rail lines and spurs within the San Juan valley

camptramp

Occupation
hello everyone as a port renfrew resident I have been keenly following in the footsteps of many before me, my family the Phillips have been here a long time, I have visited all the sites of past, found an abundance of left behind artifacts, logging equipment and many unspoken treasures, my latest quest is camp 2 and its artifacts of past, is there anyone within this group that can provide a map of the many rail lines and spurs within the San Juan valley
I'll send you a private message , I'm sure we have a lot in common , if your related to George Phillips .