• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

British Columbia Forest Products Ltd.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Trakloader I was just looking at posting #121 pictures 1, 2, 4, are at the Renfrew Div. DLS pictures 3, 5, are Caycuse Div. DLS Posting # 122 pictures 1, 2, are at Renfrew DLS picture 3, is Caycuse Posting #124 are all of Caycuse.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
camptramp; you might be right that she is old #6-259. When I took pics of her way back in 2005 I could not find the old BCFP unit number. I'll have a few more pics of her. I will check and see if I have missed something.

Taylor57

Video of BCFP Log Truck #213 Caycuse Division Circa 1964

Hello Members, This is a 8mm home movie of my father George Taylor & family with BCFP Log Truck #213, Caycuse Division, circa 1964. [video]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=302946393099050" width="592" height="448" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/video]

HDX

Taylor57 Old 213is still very much around!!! She is owned by Island Pacific Logging and was down in the Sarita area of operation till last year when she was taken down to the Chemainus shop and the owner and his son did a fantastic resto on her and brought her up to the 90th Anniversary of Hayes trucks last year here in Port Alberni She now resides down at the Chemainus shop /office complex on Smiley Road She looks like a million bucks and is a nice example of what trucks once were.Of the 12 original trucks there are still 5 running around 207 208 209 211 and 213 are still mobile and a couple we are trying to track down Cant wait to see the film clip!!! Welcome to the site.

lever twister

hey there, chum eh interesting no one on his crew ever called him that, wes was around way before the 70's he started in the 50's along with other's, his machinery colors or company colors were green and white, he wouldtrucklog's down to muir creek log dump where malloch and mosley was for years, i never knew Mr, shaw in sooke but knew lewis knotts longtime logger and miner in sooke, along with fellow logger crazy donald razzo, my dad worked for pioneer logging and canadian puget sound timber and lumber a division of Rayonier canada (BC) limited, last i herd cragg creek logging left the area as did ipswich investments ltd and merrill ring inc of sooke and staverman logging and timber ltd, i never did figure out what ever happend to staverman or who they were owned by, or where there camp was located, Iv'ebeen out to muir creek a few times and have found old malloch mosley logging equipment out there, memories,thanks there for the info, i was looking for my old malloch and mosley cap,

Fred Staverman died and I believe his contract reverted back to WFP. His camp was located on Anderson road which is on the right before heading down Muir Creek hill towards Jordan River. Have not heard of any logging activity since. Well over ten years ago.

Taylor57

Taylor57 Old 213is still very much around!!! She is owned by Island Pacific Logging and was down in the Sarita area of operation till last year when she was taken down to the Chemainus shop and the owner and his son did a fantastic resto on her and brought her up to the 90th Anniversary of Hayes trucks last year here in Port Alberni She now resides down at the Chemainus shop /office complex on Smiley Road She looks like a million bucks and is a nice example of what trucks once were.Of the 12 original trucks there are still 5 running around 207 208 209 211 and 213 are still mobile and a couple we are trying to track down Cant wait to see the film clip!!! Welcome to the site.

That's amazing HDX! We lived in Caycuse from 1963 to 1973. The other trucks Dad drove were 209 and I believe 219, but 213 was my favorite because, as a pre-loader, the front stakes sticking up when the trailer was loaded onto the truck gave it a "mean" look to a kid. The movie is on my Facebook account and it may be my privacy settings that's not letting it work. I'll give it another try from Facebook using a different link and see what happens and if that fails I guess I'll have to upload the movie to YouTube (which I don't really want to do).

Taylor57

This is a 8mm home movie of my father George Taylor & family with BCFP Log Truck #213, Caycuse Division, circa 1964.

That's me standing on the passenger side fender at the beginning of the movie and under the cab at the end. I'm 55 years old now. I wonder if anyone has a photo of what 213 looks like now restored?

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Welcome aboard Taylor57, I will post some pics of her. I am looking forward to see your video. ;-)

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Great video - I just saw it. I couldn't see on my I-pad so I had to check it out on my laptop. I have posted pics of her before at this thread and at Hayes thread, but I think she deserves it:)

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Here 3 pics of her in 2010 when she was parked at Sarita and then 2 pics when she went to the 90th Anniversary of Hayes trucks last year in Port Alberni.

Attachments

• IMG_1945s.jpg
    IMG_1945s.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_1946s.jpg
    IMG_1946s.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_1948s.jpg
    IMG_1948s.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_0677s.jpg
    IMG_0677s.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_0679s.jpg
    IMG_0679s.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 702

Taylor57

Here 3 pics of her in 2010 when she was parked at Sarita and then 2 pics when she went to the 90th Anniversary of Hayes trucks last year in Port Alberni.

Wow! Thank-you Hayesno1. She's a real "Show Truck" now! That's nice they went back to the old BCFP colour scheme (except for the white cab). Pardon my ignorance but is that tank for water or fuel?