• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

C190 New Holland Loader

rockman

Hi,
Has anyone got a C190 New Holland Track-loader at all ?.
I am having major problems with my undercarriage leaning in and am sick to death of being told that I'm am the only one that has every had these problems :beatsme .
I think that all the salesmen had that line drummed into them from the start .:Banghead

Any help would be great .

Cheers

Last edited:

Digdeep

Hi,
Has anyone got a C190 New Holland Track-loader at all ?.
I am having major problems with my undercarriage leaning in and am sick to death of being told that I'm am the only one that has every had these problems :beatsme .
I think that all the salesmen had that line drummed into them from the start .:Banghead

Any help would be great .

Cheers

Your C190 undercarriage is leaning in?:confused:

Iron Horse

I have seen your posts in a different forum trying to find the cause . Is the top of the track leaning in or is the bottom of track splayed out making it look like they are leaning in ? What is the attachment arrangement between the trackframes and body ? Do you have some pictures ?

Last edited:

rockman

I have seen your posts in a different forum trying to find the cause . Is the top of the track leaning in or is the bottom of track splayed out making it look like they are leaning in ? What is the attachment arrangement between the trackframes and body ? Do you have some pictures ?

Iron Horse ,

Has the c190 been released in America at all and if so , for how long has it been out ?.

It seems that the top of the track is leaning in .The side frame of the machine is still perfect , also it seems that the rear idler is being pulled in at the rear .:(
By the looks of it , they have used the wheeled skid steer and just beefed up around the area that your wheel motors would normally bolt to .
I dont have any pic's at the moment but will get some as soon as it stops raining here .
They have leaned in enough to notice the wear on the tracks .......it is to the point that I have turned the tracks over to try to compinsate until the dealer decides how to handle it .
I'm just sick to death of the " this has never happened before " crap that I'm getting at the moment . :Banghead

Cheers

Iron Horse

I'm on the same Island as you mate , I can't answer your question .

Look forward to seeing some photos .

Digdeep

Iron Horse ,

Has the c190 been released in America at all and if so , for how long has it been out ?.

It seems that the top of the track is leaning in .The side frame of the machine is still perfect , also it seems that the rear idler is being pulled in at the rear .:(
By the looks of it , they have used the wheeled skid steer and just beefed up around the area that your wheel motors would normally bolt to .
I dont have any pic's at the moment but will get some as soon as it stops raining here .
They have leaned in enough to notice the wear on the tracks .......it is to the point that I have turned the tracks over to try to compinsate until the dealer decides how to handle it .
I'm just sick to death of the " this has never happened before " crap that I'm getting at the moment . :Banghead

Cheers

The New Holland C190 has been for sale here in the US for a a long time. I think they released them in 2005. I can't tell you anything about your problem, but I know that New Holland doesn't sell many track machines in the US. Skid steers are another matter.

You probably would be better off with a track machine that is more widely represented and accepted in your market.

Bobcat190

Dont get me started with the problems i have had with a c185, makes me wanna puke. Biggest pos ever!

rockman

Dont get me started with the problems i have had with a c185, makes me wanna puke. Biggest pos ever!

Bobcat190 ,

Mate , can you please list the problems that you had ?.
Have you had the track frame lean inwards at all ?
A mate had a c185 , it nearly broke him with the drama's that he had , then he updated to a c190 , it seems to be no better . It has spent more time in the workshop then working . It was enough to make him get off of skid-steers all together . He has now gone to a loader style of machine .

I would be very interetsed in hearing from you .

Cheers Jim

rockman

C'mon guys ...........156 views and only 1 person that a New Holland .
I knew that they wern't that popular , but i didnt think that they where that bad .

Anyone .......anyone know anyone that ones one of the new ones and is not real happy ...........let me know please .

Cheers

Digdeep

C'mon guys ...........156 views and only 1 person that a New Holland .
I knew that they wern't that popular , but i didnt think that they where that bad .

Anyone .......anyone know anyone that ones one of the new ones and is not real happy ...........let me know please .

Cheers

Rockman..they're really not that popular at all. I don't know where you're from in Australia, but I mentioned earlier that you should by a different track loader. There are lots of brands out there. I own a ASV RC50 Positrack that I am very happy with and I used to sell Bobcats. There are others on this forum that run different machines too. I said earlier in this post that you should look for a rubber track machine that is well represented by lots of customers in Australia. I happened to look at ASVs website and they have a dealer in Melbourne that sells both New Holland and ASV. Maybe you should talk to them about your problem and ask them about the ASV at the same time?

rockman

Dig deep ,
The machine at the moment owes me too much money to get out of it and into something else .The only other machine that I would consider would be the Takauchi , a solid and proven product .
You say that you are happy with your ASV , funny , I have seen several that are falling apart rapidly , guys selling them at less then 500hrs , no thanks , I will pass on that .

Thanks for your help

Digdeep

Dig deep ,
The machine at the moment owes me too much money to get out of it and into something else .The only other machine that I would consider would be the Takauchi , a solid and proven product .
You say that you are happy with your ASV , funny , I have seen several that are falling apart rapidly , guys selling them at less then 500hrs , no thanks , I will pass on that .

Thanks for your help

No offense, but why did you buy the New Holland if you already know that the Takeuchi is "a solid and proven product"?:beatsme :pointhead

I've had excellent performance and life out of my machine with just on 2360hrs. It's strange that all the way down under you know of several ASV machines, but nobody on this forum in the US, with the largest skid steer and rubber track market in the world has piped up on owning a New Holland track machine except for one; Bobcat190, and he's had tons of problems.

I wish you the best of luck getting help from your dealer or New Holland getting out of your machine into one you're happy with.

Out of curiosity, what part of Australia are you from?

Last edited:

rockman

No offense, but why did you buy the New Holland if you already know that the Takeuchi is "a solid and proven product"?:beatsme :pointhead
Prior to buying this machine , I have owned several New Hollands , wheeled machines .All of the I was more then happy with . The last one , a lx985 , I put near 8000hrs on that machine without any major faults , so you could see why I thought that the new track machine should give me the same sort of run . New Holland reconize that they have a fault with their machine . Before I even got the new machine they had the Track frame off it and where welding in a factory strenghting kit to stop this happening .Unfortunatly I was not privy to this information until the day before hand-over of the machine

I've had excellent performance and life out of my machine with just on 2360hrs. It's strange that all the way down under you know of several ASV machines, but nobody on this forum in the US, with the largest skid steer and rubber track market in the world has piped up on owning a New Holland track machine except for one; Bobcat190, and he's had tons of problems. Yes strange . I thought that being an American built machine that they would have had a good following over there .

I wish you the best of luck getting help from your dealer or New Holland getting out of your machine into one you're happy with.

Out of curiosity, what part of Australia are you from?
Far North Queensland

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sorry to hear about your troubles rockman. Maybe the words I add here will somwhat reflect the thoughts of a number of members; I haven't added anything to this thread because I have no experience with tracked NH skids, and only very limited experience with wheeled NH skids, they're just not that popular in my area. Nevertheless, I'm curious as a cat about your problem.

What we have learned so far: You have a dealer that is not supporting you. To say "your the only one who's had that problem" is not a solution to your problem. Poor dealer support. Second, you said the "undercarriage" leans in in your first post, then later you said "the track frame" leans in, either way, if you say it's leaning, then it has to be visible to your eye. If it's that visible, then seems logical the source of the problem would be equally visible. Get the machine off the ground, yank the tracks off of it, then start inspecting components. If it's bad enough that you can see the lean, the source of the problem should be able to be found. You may have to get out the straight edge, square, and some measuring instruments, but you or a competent mechanic should be able to identify your problem. If you can't afford to get out of the machine, then i don't see where you have a different alternative than fix it. That is, if the dealer ain't gonna do his job and take care of his customer. Hope it all works out for ya, and do keep us informed. ;)

rockman

Sorry to hear about your troubles rockman. Maybe the words I add here will somwhat reflect the thoughts of a number of members; I haven't added anything to this thread because I have no experience with tracked NH skids, and only very limited experience with wheeled NH skids, they're just not that popular in my area. Nevertheless, I'm curious as a cat about your problem.

What we have learned so far: You have a dealer that is not supporting you. To say "your the only one who's had that problem" is not a solution to your problem. Poor dealer support.New Holland are aware of the problem , they have come out with a strenghten track-frame since midway through 2009 , thats what I chasing to have onto my machine .Mr wonderful dealer wants to "have a go and see what happens , if that dont work we will see where we go from there" . Second, you said the "undercarriage" leans in in your first post, then later you said "the track frame" leans in, either way, if you say it's leaning, then it has to be visible to your eye.Sorry , I thought the undercarriage was the track-frame , my mistake If it's that visible, If you look from the rear of the machine towards the bucket , you cannot square the tracks up with a straight edge of the bucket .It can be noticed over the wear on the tracks , there is a difference of nearly 10mm . then seems logical the source of the problem would be equally visible.The track-frames are either bending at the mount point or the mount point is bending in Get the machine off the ground, yank the tracks off of it, then start inspecting components. If it's bad enough that you can see the lean, the source of the problem should be able to be found. You may have to get out the straight edge, square, and some measuring instruments, but you or a competent mechanic should be able to identify your problem. If you can't afford to get out of the machine, then i don't see where you have a different alternative than fix it.After spending near $100k and 250hrs I dont think that I should be the one fixing it , do you ?.They have been mucking me around for nearly 9 months now , I have had a gutful of the lie's and dodging the fact that they have to fix it .I have spoke to other dealers and they have all said that they have fixed all there machines and even supplied new full undercarriage to the machine to try and keep the customer happy . That is, if the dealer ain't gonna do his job and take care of his customer. Hope it all works out for ya, and do keep us informed. ;)

We will just have to wait and see how this plays out over the next week .

Iron Horse

Where are the photos ? It is obvious no one has heard of your problem but if you want their help , show them what you are talking about .

rockman

Can you bypass the dealer and talk to a Factory Representative?

I have bypassed the dealer ..........he is nothing but a lying piece of crap that can not be trusted and his mechanic , well , I would let him fix the door on my ****ter :Banghead, my mechanic fix's the things that he repairs .
At the moment I am in talks with the head of New Holland Australia , we will see where that go's by early next week .

Cheers

rockman

Where are the photos ? It is obvious no one has heard of your problem but if you want their help , show them what you are talking about .

Iron Horse ,

I will have some photo's on monday ........as soon I will put them up .
Imagine looking at the back of your machine with the tracks angled in between 8-10 degree's and try to remember that you paid nearly $100k for the problem .

Cheers

therealjohnboy

Gday mate I am based in SA and own a C175 which also has this inherent problem there are 5 that I know of in SA and they have all received that strengthening kit (under factory reworks) you speak of due to the track frame deflecting inwards at the top as a result of the constant shock loads and vibration associated with track loaders they are under engineered in this area mine has not been repaired as yet and is only just starting to show signs of deflection after 855hrs of hard work. the NH CTL's are are very nice operating machines but are let down by this issue and are underpowered. You should have more luck with NH Aust. as they have been good to SA owners issues.

Good luck John