• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580B loose fittings pouring hydro

Ryan Remaly

Was using the rear bucket on my backhoe and lines starting pouring at the bucket and dipper linkages. A video is posted below. Will this require the fittings to be replaced/whats the best way to go about tighenting down the lines. Cannot reach them with my standard wrench?

https://imgur.com/a/68lQwaT

Thanks

Ryan

Delmer

It looks like a JIC flare fitting so you can just tighten them up and go. A crowfoot wrench is what you need. Or a cheap wrench that you can heat up to bend and grind on to make it fit. Or a deep well socket that you can do a LOT of grinding on.

Tinkerer

Welcome to HEF, Ryan !
It is quite normal and necessary to completely remove the easiest lines and fittings you can get access to first.
Then you will be able get wrench on the otherwise inaccessible ones.
If you don't have a set of crowfoot wrenches it looks like your going to need them.
I bought a set of jumbo ones on ebay. The set goes up to 2" hex.

Ryan Remaly

Thank you guys so much I'm very new to heavy equipment this is a great introduction!! I hope to be able to pass down information to others one day but for now I'll just be absorbing