• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580sm outriggers move very slow

RJExcavating

So I have an 07 case 580sm series 2. It’s got pilot controls in the back. Just yesterday my outriggers started moving extremely slow. One of the has a recent rebuild the other is getting one done now.

i am looking for ideas of what it could Be. I plan on draining the hydraulic tank and changing the filter today maybe debris in the line? Could it be the valve for them getting stuck?

any ideas would help. I’ll dive into it today hopefully I can get it sorted out as it’s my main digging machine.

Thanks in advance

RJExcavating

I figured out the problem. My alternator wasn’t charging and I didn’t notice because my gauge cluster sometimes goes out so I pulled it and pushed the plug in more and my battery light was on. Tested the batteries they were fine. Tested again while it was running and the alternator wasn’t charging. Changed that out for a new one from case 550 bucks!! But it’s all better for now. Thanks for the input