• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 226 skidsteer stuck in rabbit mode

Will Hicks

Just looking for some clarification as I wait for my service manual to be delivered.

I have a CAT 226 skidsteer, and I am not expert, so bear with me. 5FZ0 7599. When I bought it I was told it was a 226B, but now I think it is a 226C as the PID is CAT00226C5FZ07599

The rabbit is illuminated in the upper left corner by the warning light area. I have looked at different ways to get into the slower work mode, but haven't been able to get it to switch over. I have tried every button on the joysticks. Am I missing a combination of things I need to do? I will admit that I don't really know what a lot of the switches and buttons do. I came from old bobcat skid steers in the 80's with foot controls and just to steering/driver levers.

I will receive my manual in a week or so, but would like to do some work with it and in rabbit mode it seems to not have very fine control and gets a bit hoppy when trying to scrape the erosion dirt off my driveway.

Thank You

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I have a CAT 226 skidsteer, and I am not expert, so bear with me. 5FZ0 7599. When I bought it I was told it was a 226B, but now I think it is a 226C as the PID is CAT00226C5FZ07599
Your machine is a 1st Generation 226, built in February 2002. If it was a 226B the Serial Number would be MJH-something, not 5FZ. There was never a 226C model.

The "C" that you have in the complete 17-character PIN is a random "Check Digit" supposedly to help with preventing forged machine PINs. Only the factory know what that digit is for any specific machine.