• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 259D

Nour Vachon

Im working (service) on this unit and am having issues with power (none) at my 2 pin connector for electric fuel pump and fuel pump is toast. Gave the pump 12V and nothing. Fuses are fine. Changed screen filter to pump and secondary filter (clear plastic container). Secondary wasn't full when unit came in and was starting/running fine. I've read these units can still run if the electric pump isn't working since the system is under suction. Can anyone help me with what relay I can check to see why I dont have 12v to my pump? It cranks but can't get pump to prime.

Cpaine

Similar issue with my 259d currently, any chance I could get a copy of the wiring? FTL01098

river's roost

Unfortunately I can't. All the plates have been removed bought at auction, listed as 2017 by the engine.
Thanks for the reply.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
All the plates have been removed bought at auction, listed as 2017 by the engine.
Did you check the location where the plate is supposed to be.? The machine Serial Number should be stamped on the machine frame right underneath where the plate was. If that number has been ground off, IMHO somebody had something to hide. Just because a machine has been through an auction is no reason to remove the S/No plates.

1682465438640.png
8HG5584
MODEL C3.3B
8HG prefix comes up as a generator, and by that I mean the electrical part not the engine. Got a photo of the plate.?