• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 259D

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Yes sir. Do tell. I can't seem to work backwards from that particular engine serial number either.
You can't. Those small power unit 7-character Serial Numbers don't seem to have any searchability at all.

The 345-3550 Engine Arrgt is only used on FTL-prefix 259D machines. That was the first clue. Then it was a case of randomly searching FTL S/Nos until the 2017 YOM came up. The engine numbers are not sequential like they generally are on larger machines but do follow some sort of pattern. The "8" is constant and the next two letters increase (starting from DA, DE, etc) as the year increases.
It took me about 10 minutes to find the one I was looking for.

Have you ever tried to open a combination padlock by trying every possible number one after the other until it opens...?

Cpaine

You can't. Those small power unit 7-character Serial Numbers don't seem to have any searchability at all.

The 345-3550 Engine Arrgt is only used on FTL-prefix 259D machines. That was the first clue. Then it was a case of randomly searching FTL S/Nos until the 2017 YOM came up. The engine numbers are not sequential like they generally are on larger machines but do follow some sort of pattern. The "8" is constant and the next two letters increase (starting from DA, DE, etc) as the year increases.
It took me about 10 minutes to find the one I was looking for.

Have you ever tried to open a combination padlock by trying every possible number one after the other until it opens...?
Nige needs to start an Only Fans !

Cpaine

Just a joke! But he should for real have a fund setup so we can buy him a beer (or drink of choice) when he helps us out!

Cgray

I'm having a similar issue. Any chance I can get a copy of the wiring?
Not sure if you’ve checked the pin that the fuse plugs into, mine wasn’t spread apart enough to keep pressure on the fuse leg, had to unpin it and pull it out from behind the fuse block to spread the pin apart.

Altitude

I’ve yet to find out why in-line pump will not cycle with key, so I created a fused jumper directly from battery, works for now. Skid does still take a long turnover period before it fires up. I’m guessing it’s clogged fuel line or something, after it sits over night the fuel inside of filter disappears down to about half full. Is there a sensor that would cut off that in-line via ecu?

heymccall

I’ve yet to find out why in-line pump will not cycle with key, so I created a fused jumper directly from battery, works for now. Skid does still take a long turnover period before it fires up. I’m guessing it’s clogged fuel line or something, after it sits over night the fuel inside of filter disappears down to about half full. Is there a sensor that would cut off that in-line via ecu?
Have you read and tried what I wrote in post #5 above? That's how our 248B is. Not sure if a 259D is same.

Altitude

Have you read and tried what I wrote in post #5 above? That's how our 248B is. Not sure if a 259D is same.
Yea on this skid it used to prime when you turned key to acc whether the safety things were up or down. I wonder if original poster found solution?