• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 420f Joystick aux Fault

RnR LAMF

Hello everyone

Im working on a Cat 420f Backhoe s/n jwj01987 its intermittently throwing voltage codes for the extendahoe/aux switches. They will randomly work sometimes then not, I think I may have a wiring issue but I don't have a schematic, checked all fuses and relays.

The codes i'm working with are 2530-3, 2530-4, 2530-8, and 2531-3, 2530-4, 2530-8

If anyone has a schematic or some troubleshooting help here that would be most appreciated!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
For Diagnostic Codes, -3 indicates voltage above normal, -4 voltage below normal, and -8 abnormal signal frequency or pulse width. The fact you have all three Codes on both Left (2530) and Right (2531) thumbwheel position sensors would suggest the possibility of a wiring fault somewhere.

I'll send you a schematic. If you need specific troubleshooting information for any/all the Codes you have, please ask.