• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 432E, 3rd and 4th gear issues

Axiosik

Hello everyone, please help me figure out what's wrong with my CAT 432 E backhoe (VIN CAT0432ETBXE01475): The problem is the lack of 2nd and 3rd gears in transmission. 1st and 4th gears work fine. But what's interesting is that every morning when the excavator starts working, for the first 3 minutes ALL gears work fine, including the 2nd and 3rd. But after 3 minutes, the 2nd and 3rd gears stop working again. And it repeats until the next morning. Has anyone encountered a similar issue? How can it be resolved most economically? I'm have doubts that the issue with transmission itself, considering that everything works fine in the morning.
Thank you in advance for your responses.

Axiosik

Just want to add to my initial message:
1) All 3 REVERSE gears work fine.
2) If I switch to 3rd gear (or to 2nd) in the morning and WILL NOT switch to another gear, I can drive even whole day on this gear. But If I switch 4th, then no way back to 3rd (only to 1st) until the next morning.