• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 931 Purchase Help

Jose Alvarez

Hello! My brother and I are looking at purchasing a CAT 931 to do some clearing on our property. We found one that seems to be in good condition. Can anyone on here help us with the year of the machine and share your opinion on the condition based off the attached pictures? Serial # is in pictures. Thanks in advance!

Idler.jpg Side View.JPG SN Plate.jpg Sprocket.jpg

Last edited:

Bluox

That should be a 931B with a 3204 engine.
Had a 1 yd. bucket standard.
Can't tell much from pictures except it has dozer pads instead of loader pads.
Looks like it may have a third valve on it.
You should have someone look at it that knows what to look for.
Good luck
Bob

Last edited:

Welder Dave

It's a 931B. Undercarriage looks like it has been replaced not too long ago but has dozer shoes on it. Missing sprocket counterweights and engine side panels. Could get light in the back with a heavy bucket of material. Looks like it originally had a 4 in 1 bucket by the hoses on the side and the brackets for holding the steel lines on the lift arms. That could explain why the bucket is like new. Aux. hyd's. could be useful for other attachments. Can't tell if the bucket is the standard 6' or wider. I think it has the 3 forward, 1 reverse transmission which is fine. It looks like it could be a decent machine but need to have someone experienced take a closer look.

Jose Alvarez

Thanks Welder Dave and Bluox! I did notice the dozer pads and not loader pads. We have mostly sand here in Florida so hopefully it wont be too hard on the UC. I am having my company's equipment manager go inspect on Monday afternoon. I'll report back what he finds.

Jose Alvarez

Thanks everyone for the input! I had my son in law go look at it and the machine had more issues than we thought and we just couldn't agree on a price so we passed on it. Looking at a CAT 950 Loader now.