• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 950G No output from ECM to starter relay

Shivan Dookeran

Don't know how much they gonna charge but I have my guys here I can put you onto that can and will be able to sort you out . Hey nige does the axx and 2js have the same Trans ecu?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Hey nige does the axx and 2js have the same Trans ecu?
At the end of the day they do, along with about a 1000 other models. As stated previously it's the software that's installed in a particular ECM that gives it its "identity" - and here's the rub. The newest iteration of software for a 2JS machine is 229-4976. The software for an AXX Series II machine is 255-7943 and the two don't cross reference to one another that I can see. My guess is they don't.

In general to take an ECM loaded with a specific software P/N and re-flash it with a non-related software P/N is not possible without a "wash file". This is a specific P/N of software that will erase all the information that is on the ECM, effectively leaving it blank, just like a brand-new ECM would be if you bought one from the Parts system (isn't that where we came in.?). At that point you can flash any software you like into it, provided of course that the software is designed to be installed into that particular P/N of ECM.

There were Part Number updates of that transmission ECM along the way also, so you might find any of these Part Numbers.
The 2JS Series I machine was originally built with a 142-3363 ECM. This was replaced in the Parts System by 160-1758 which was in turn replaced by 172-9389. It appears as thought the AXX Series II machine was originally built with the 172-9389.

Pep Joe

Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
Yeah, I tried jumping the black and yellow wire and the ECM still refuse to send power out the green wire marked 306. What else could possibly cause it to not want to crank?
According to you, new ecm installed. What did you do to the new ecm before installing it?
What happen to the old ecm?

Pep Joe

Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
Answer to Q1 - nothing. The new replacement ECM is apparently blank.
Q2: The original ECM was stolen.
Ok.
The new Ecm comes unprogrammed which must be flash programme with it's correct flash file before even trying to start.