• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D4C lgp blade hydraulic issues

Alejo99

Hello everyone! I bought a D4C LGP and I’m having issues with the blade . When I use the blade lever in full motion sometimes the blade will function very slowly . When it does that I bring the lever back to neutral position and then I go half way and the blade operates quick as it should . This happens with all functions of the blade except when putting the blade down . And this issue does not happen every single time .
I also put the blade down and it lifts the machine all the way up . I checked the linkage and everything is tight and connected properly. Any help will be great appreciated. Thanks

Dave Neubert

sounds like a sticking relief valve or a damaged one unfortunately you have to pull the hyd tank and split it to get to valve can you plumb in a gauge to see what your pressure is

Alejo99

sounds like a sticking relief valve or a damaged one unfortunately you have to pull the hyd tank and split it to get to valve can you plumb in a gauge to see what your pressure is

ok and what exactly do I have to split ? And I can work on getting a gauge to test the hydraulic pressure . Where do you recommend I connect the gauge to test the pressure ?
This is my first dozer , and first time working on one , so I’ve got a lot to learn about this machine mecanically.
Thanks !

Dave Neubert

You have to remove the hyd tank and split it you can look at he pressure line from the hyd pump and see if there is a port or tee a line in on the cylinder on the up side