• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT D5G LGP - Will not turn right or left

Rick Walker

Occupation
Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Good evening!
I am currently working on a CAT D5G LGP Serial #FDW00813
I had front pump left track motor failure, new pump installed.
I have forward and reverse movement but machine will not turn right or left.
When trying to steer I get logged event codes:
E484 (3) Unexpected left track reverse movement detected
E482 (3) Unexpected left track forward movement detected
I did install new joystick for forward/reverse, calibrated fine

Looking for any ideas that anyone might have for me since I am getting nowhere on this machine. Thank you!

good ol days

ive run into this problem if you have e484 fmi 3 or e482 fmi 3 code these are some reasons for this code when turning left or right both tracks move foward or reverse instead of one track foward one reverse either direction which can be joy stick calibration is off open circuit weak circuit pressure issue i recomend to raise both tracks off ground so that you can have free movement to observe the tracks in motion once you have it up observe tracks have some one shift foward then turn left then turn right mainly left track the codes refer to left track your are looking for delayed movement or when turning left both right and left track are moving the same direction when left track should be going rev direction thus unexpected movement if your able to pull codes see if your able to re calibrate controller also check current at speed sensors some times ive seen machines raised and and run tracks left right foward for 2 min each side then in reverse 2min left right to see if codes appear during this process if not only when there is wieght then your looking more towards motor drive there isnt alot of info available on this code or proceedure to diagnos exact cause you will need a elec schematic to roin out any currem=nt issues the schematic you will need is RENR 5807-01you can get the service book at cat for about 186.00or soend a great amount of time trying to find on internet