• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat skid loader advanced display screen gone black

Erik Fako

no not yet. I assumed that since the top indicators flashed, there was power so I haven't taken panel out yet. Battery is 12+ key off, key reads 14.42 while charging.

thanks re the schematic, I'll take a look as well as checking the voltage to the display.

Iggy33

I am having mostly the same issues, I can add that the horn also doesn't work after a machine that I bought disassembled, and had been for a year or more. I did some diagnostic work be for it was taken a part and the display worked then. Mach sen. TAW00486. Thanks for any help

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
As per the instructions to the previous poster, try using the schematic and check for incoming power at the back of the Advanced Display while it is plugged into the machine harness. You will need to back-probe between Pins 1 & 2 that should have permanent battery power, and Pins 8 & 2 that should have battery power with the key switch ON.

1702915461036.png

I have no lights no nothing on my display also (jst00975).Can you help out Nige?pretty please. The machine runs fine .I assume if the schematic for mine is the same as the above if I have power on 1 and 8 with a ground from 2 it would be a bad display?If so anyone knows what goes wrong with them (it's like 1500$)?

Yes sir,tried several times ,battery was severe discharged (prev owner says he had not used it in the last 6-8 months and that the battery had been replaced in the last years. However I was not able to recharge that battery and purchased a new one (agm) and it starts and runs fine but no display or the icons above it (park brake etc)

I noticed that if I unplug the display and plug it back ,when I go about half way with the plug it beeps(if I stop there it continues to beep )but nothing on the screen

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
12.55 engine off,14.7 running
Those are good numbers so that rules that out.

I have 14.36 on 1 and 8 at the harness at the display, also ground on 2
if you turn off the key you should have zero on Pin 8. Please check that.

The display is permanently powered at Pin 1 with unswitched battery voltage. If your machine does not have the (optional) master disconnect switch installed I would suggest to unplug the display for at least 15 minutes to allow it to fully power down. If you do have a master switch you could turn that off. It would achieve the same result, with the caveat that you need to make sure the switch is actually working. It is not unknown for the contacts on those switches to be welded closed.

I do have 0V at pin 8 with key of ,12.5V with key on ,14.4V engine running. Disconnected display ,now waiting. Plug it back in 15 min.and report