• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crazy truck prices

Truck Shop

Yeah, yeah, yeah to both of those, my 48 years tells me differently. Now is Heavy Equipment Forums
and it's members about repairing by the book--top of the line repairs or Youtube half ass garbage?
It seams in the last three to four years more and more cut rate repairs and ideas posted on HEF,
crap to get by with. Now in my book it's either repair/rebuild correctly or don't do it at all, because
if repair work is half a$$ED on equipment it probably is also reflected in said construction work.

Truck Shop

Nice 1980 W900 KW--it sold new spec'd like that for roughly $50,000----and it's 44 years old,
and not getting any newer. Why is it for sale?
Ford LTL with a cranked BC 350, my, my, my. A 14.5:1 engine, stated at 450 hp, when pigs fly.
Over fueled-and not properly done==bad camshaft & mains and rods to copper, plus BC 350's
didn't use double NI pistons-not good. A cab you can't buy parts for plus allot of other things.
Value, maybe $15,000.

cfherrman

That guy I posted on you tube is a pro and thats pretty much all he does is straighten frames and align trucks along with collision repairs.

I see half assed repairs of all mechanics on all types of equipment or vehicles including you tube....lol

cfherrman

Pretty cool to see frame repair, I didn't know they did it this much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-23-15-23-53-02_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-23-15-23-53-02_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    788.5 KB · Views: 13

Truck Shop

We have one done by one of those pro's, it was wrecked 2 years ago with 50,000 miles on it.
Shop said it can be straightened-it lists on the right side & wears tires like a stock car. No recourse
now with insurance---it needed a rail then and it still needs it. The Freightliner.
100_1695.JPG

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
1984 ltl9000 big cam 350 "turned up" $30,000

1984 Ford ltl 9000​

$30,000
Listed a day ago in Coweta, OK

Seller's Description​

Ford 9000 LTL. Has 940k on dash. big cam 350 Cummins. . Engine was rebuilt by previous owner. He also installed a new clutch and front end parts. Fass 150 trucks turned up around 450 Pulls very strong. No blow by. Tight steering it runs 75 down the road loaded no issues. Very dry engine and drive train. Leds all the way around. Good tires. Wet kit. Ac and heat work. Ready to pull anything you got. It drives better than most of the new semis on the road. No trades. Closing down my excavation business so I no longer need this. 30k with equipment trailer $25k without. Cash is king. . Make offer. Motivated to sell.

View attachment 301450View attachment 301451View attachment 301452View attachment 301453
That one parks at Atwood’s down the street from our house lol. It photographs better than it looks in person.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Other than that can’t tell ya much. Typical Oklahoma sun faded paint. It sits there more often that not. If somebody was serious I’d go take a look lol. Not many large car fords around haha

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
They are all Pro's on Youtube . . . That International dump isn't coming back. You might make it run and drive, make it so it sits straight in a picture, but it's never going to be right again.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Redid one of those LTL's back in 1996 over the winter months for the local oil company that purchased it new. New OEM door shells, door handles, window regulators, Jones Performance hood, dual chrome stacks and 10 new Alcoa ball seat aluminum rims and chrome bumper with spotlights. Cab was plastic media stripped clean. Sharp looking unit in Dodge Viper Red. Truck is still around but bad condition as they ran it around Chicagoland doing bulk initial fill for Caterpillar and it rusted away fairly quickly. Was given close to zero care other than oil changes. Someone backed a tank trailer into it at the refinery in Joliet so I brought it back on my Mack rollback and new radiator, condenser coil, grille, and a headlamp assembly and bezel, (all aftermarket) put the truck back together. I see the truck around the back of the building a few years ago and it's no longer used. Employees are sure hard on equipment: 20180405_184142_resized.jpg20180405_184156_resized.jpg20180405_184230_resized.jpg20180405_184255_resized.jpg

Truck Shop

I see the truck around the back of the building a few years ago and it's no longer used. Employees are sure hard on equipment:
Drivers--When the new replacement tractors would show up the drivers just can't wait to
move all their junk to the new ride {which usually takes three hours}. They start out with
all this false pride in their new ride, false because in less than 6 months the truck is now
old hat the newness is all gone.

Crummy

I ended up with the '05 project looking for a roller skeleton for the '76 project. The '76 is a dump lay-over, that frame will go into the steel borrow pile.

When I was at the dismantlers getting the cab/hood they had a late year test truck (never wrecked) rolling skeleton super dump 6-axle (3 pushers) spec'd well for $34k. Nice start for a builder, but not for me.

crane operator

Now is Heavy Equipment Forums
and it's members about repairing by the book--top of the line repairs or Youtube half ass garbage?
It seams in the last three to four years more and more cut rate repairs and ideas posted on HEF,
crap to get by with. Now in my book it's either repair/rebuild correctly or don't do it at all, because
if repair work is half a$$ED on equipment it probably is also reflected in said construction work.

My repair methods aren't even good enough for Youtube.

We've been dealing with charging issues/ canbus on my wonder of german engineering crane. Every time I suggest just running wires around, jumping things, I get a great eyeroll and tongue lashing from my young mechanic how "its can bus and you can't do things like that"...

crane operator

I ended up with the '05 project looking for a roller skeleton for the '76 project. The '76 is a dump lay-over, that frame will go into the steel borrow pile.

When I was at the dismantlers getting the cab/hood they had a late year test truck (never wrecked) rolling skeleton super dump 6-axle (3 pushers) spec'd well for $34k. Nice start for a builder, but not for me.

This showed up in my area two days ago. $2,500 with no engine or trans. 1981 w900. If you're still needing a roller, I'm not sure you'll find much cheaper. Its just a long way away from you.

1981 w900 1.jpg1981 w900 2.jpg1981 w900 3.jpg