• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere Smackdown.com web site

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
Deere marketing is apparently going to promote some skid-steer performance comparisons with this new web site.

http://www.skidsteersmackdown.com/

No actual data up yet, but some interesting graphics and such. Looks like they're going to string out the releases of the head-to-head comparisons a little every month over the next several months.

Fun stuff.

L

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Of course, Deere always wins, as usual. Just like a Ford Versus Chevy, sponsored by Ford, makes the Chevy look weak.

MXZ

I'm going to guess that Deere will in fact likely win most comparisons. But wouldn't you showcase your strongest features if you set it up? Beyond that, I'll bet you could replicate the tests shown and get the same results in the field. IMO the Deere machines are hands down superior in many respects, not all, but many.

bonanno23

Occupation
union drainage foreman, also own a full time lands
IMO I think you're probably wrong. What tests do you think Deere would win other than lift capacity? I just viewed the site's preview and it looks like a elementry school field day event. If the machines shown are the ones in the comp, its pretty lame.

Last edited:

bonanno23

Occupation
i bet they win first place for having a front window 5 inches from the operaters face. I think they made it that way so you could smash your face into for not buying a machine with pilot controls

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
i bet they win first place for having a front window 5 inches from the operaters face. I think they made it that way so you could smash your face into for not buying a machine with pilot controls

Thats funny.:drinkup

Deere will have whatever outcome they set out to obtain. I mean it is their video challenge. If I were sponsoring something like that, my machines would come out on top.

MXZ

IMO I think you're probably wrong. What tests do you think Deere would win other than lift capacity? I just viewed the site's preview and it looks like a elementry school field day event. If the machines shown are the ones in the comp, its pretty lame.

I would say with experience that the Deere will be best in overall visibility, hill stability, and service accessability right off the bat.

I find it interesting that anyone could smash their face into a windshield with a shoulder belt on.

Want joysticks? Go see your dealer. I drove one the other day and the bar has been raised.

bonanno23

Occupation
WOW thats awsome, a shoulder belt. they will most likely win the "fells like your on a roller coaster" category.

I don't know about you, but I like to be able to move myself foward in order to see in tight areas. its not a race car is it?

As far as the joy sticks, my local dealer must be an azz b/c I've asked them plenty of times when Deere would have them. 1 month ago they told me they had no clue. you got me on that.

iron kid

Occupation
owner 12 man team
just got a dreere to test, and they want to know what i think they should changes and what i like.
i own cat case bocat and a NH

MXZ

I guess I missed the "Deere owners not allowed" notice on the home page. Deere is (just like all other manufacturers) trying something new and creative to show off their strong points. No comparisons are even on the site yet, and all you guys want to do is rip on it? I don't get it.

Oh yeah, I don't have to lean forward to see well in tight areas.

BAREIN

Deere machines have good power for there size, and awesome lift capacity on there bigger machines, but they lose a lot of buissnes with there cab's, especially the enclosed one's. I can not beleive they have not changed them after all these years. As far as working on the machines there not the worst or the best. visibility is O.K., not the greatest, and I will take a safty bar over A seetbelt any day. The only people I really see run them are bleed green types. I did love grading topsoil with the one we had.

bonanno23

Occupation
I would say the only reason people might be ripn on the deere is b/c someone mentioned that it would take most categories in a test.

We have over 100 pieces of iron and I can honestly say I've run about every brand of skid-steer type machines. We've never owned a Deere ( although our local dealer drops us a catelog on a weekly basis with hopes and dream ) but have demoed them from time to time. I could tell you the Deere is great for lifting a lot of weight and i could tell you a few things I don't like. That also goes for the cats, takeuchi's, gehl, and bobcats we own. No one machine is going to win an overall contest because one machine does not excell in all areas. Not a machine I like nor one I don't like. I'm not a Deere hater, I would have ripped on any other brand that someone claimed to be an overall winner.

and as far as not leaning forward in tight areas, you must not work near gas, water, or electric. if you do, you're full of **** or just have no clue how to run a machine with care. Im guessing you are an employee not an employer?

Last edited by a moderator:

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You cant see the tires in a Deere. I like to be able to see right next to the machine. Sat in one at ConExpo with the E/H controls. I felt like I was sitting in a bathtub.

MXZ

Apparently reading comprehension isn't a big priority at some NY schools. If you take 5 seconds and reread my original response, you'll see that I never claimed that Deere would win any comparison you throw at them, but simply agreed that the clips that will be on the website will likely be won by them as it would only make sense that what they showcase will be their strongest points. Since the only one apparently looking for a fight is you, I'm guessing everybody else gets that.
As far as the rest of your "wisdom", I have owned or rented every major brand over the years for MY business and have found through that process that the Deere's provide me with the best bottom line. I get more done in a given day and they cost me less to own whether I'm working in tight areas around utilities or out in the open. Obviously you've come to a different conclusion (or more likely your employer), but that's what makes this America.

bonanno23

Occupation
I'm not fighting! Are you?

If your area has such great reading abilities you should reread your response. I would take a carfull look at your third sentence. Apperently NY has some great reading as well as memorization skills.

"I'm going to guess that Deere will in fact likely win most comparisons. But wouldn't you showcase your strongest features if you set it up? Beyond that, I'll bet you could replicate the tests shown and get the same results in the field. IMO the Deere machines are hands down superior in many respects, not all, but many."

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
bonanno23 & MXZ, both of yall have gotten some licks in. Let's get back to the discussion, without the tempers. It's just a fancy piece of metal with a deer on it. Nothing to get all worked up about. :)

Digdeep

bonanno23 & MXZ, both of yall have gotten some licks in. Let's get back to the discussion, without the tempers. It's just a fancy piece of metal with a deer on it. Nothing to get all worked up about. :)

Yep. Everyone has their favorite hunk of iron. Some are painted yellow, some are white, and some are black. Passion is great as long as we stay respectful of each others opinions. By the way, i'm particular to my ASV RC50.

bonanno23

Occupation
sounds good. but just for the record I'm not a Deere hater. we own plenty of them, just not skid-steers.