• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Digital Cameras

sbrem

I wish we could vote on having that :soapbox 640 X 640 sizing deal removed, so normal pictures could be viewed.

I agree. Thats the only thing I wish was different with this board. Every other one I am on you can just use IMG tags to post pictures with and it is so much easier IMO.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
I wish we could vote on having that :soapbox 640 X 640 sizing deal removed, so normal pictures could be viewed. I know it's a real pain to move your index finger up & down on the wheel of the mouse to scroll down to see bigger pictures, but what the heck, it'll strengthen that finger eventually, and some good could actually come out of that. :idea :shf : :stirthepot

I'll third that !!!!!!!:usa

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Now I've done it

Just when I get my pictures posted, I now no longer own that card reader. One of the guys I work with had one that goes in the PCM slot on the computers. It didn't work in his laptop, but it did in mine. Mine worked in his computer so we just swapped them out this is what the new one looks like, it'll do sd, memory sticks and smartmedia cards.

Attachments

• new card reader (1) (Small).JPG
    new card reader (1) (Small).JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 101
  • new card reader (2) (Small).JPG
    new card reader (2) (Small).JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 105
  • new card reader (Small).JPG
    new card reader (Small).JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 102

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
what a process just to post pictures

I took the pictures, put the card back in the camera, transfered the pictures to the card. Put the card back in the reader, named them, resized them and then posted them.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
:update

Well here's a picture of my new camera. The technology is amazing these days....my camera has a built in cell phone. :eek: :D

As far as picture quality, it ain't no digital camera picture but its pretty decent. Resizing is no issue because options are available for picture size and quality. Uploading is simple with a simple and inexpensive card reader.

To conclude my review of the Nextel i580, I give it 2 thumbs up. :thumbsup :thumbsup

i580.gif

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
CB - I had that same phone (Nextel) and it is a good one. I now have an i880 because my i580 didn't stand up to well to a tractor running over it and the Nextel store was out of i580 to replace it.:Banghead I have the insurance plan - and boy do I need it - so they told me the i580 was back ordered for 2 weeks and I could wait or pay $50 and get a i880 now. Tough decision:rolleyes: BTW - the i880 doesn't hold to well when you drop it in the road while getting into the dump truck and not realize you lost it until 5 miles down the road and a car runs over it.:Banghead (They were able to "repair" the i880 this time.)

Countryboy

Occupation
Thats the same reason I get the Mil Spec phones.....I'm constantly dropping, wetting, and squashing them. One of these days they'll make us guys some phones in the shape of a bowling ball. Then they might last a little while. :D

Construct'O

Occupation
Thats the same reason I get the Mil Spec phones.....I'm constantly dropping, wetting, and squashing them. One of these days they'll make us guys some phones in the shape of a bowling ball. Then they might last a little while. :D

I'm thinking more in as if in RUBBER !!!!!!! ball.:drinkup

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win

10-4! Maybe someday.:D

Countryboy

Occupation
Well, look what Santa left in my stocking....

Dec26_0001.jpg

Dec26_0002.jpg

Dec26_0003.jpg

Dec26_0004.jpg

Canon Power Shot A570 IS. Not really the one I wanted but it was free :D. This thing has a crazy amount of features: Continuous Shooting Mode, Image Stabilization, Movie Mode, Face Detect and many more I can't even comprehend. It also has a Super Macro mode which allows you to take pictures of objects as close as 1 inch away from the lense....super detailed pictures. The lens can also be replaced with 4 other lenses that are available for the camera. I'm looking to purchase the tele-photographic one for the super long shots :cool2.

I've got to get another card reader to be able to post pictures with it but lemme tall ya, this thing is SWEET. I've already been through 3 sets of batteries playing with it. :rolleyes:

Construct'O

Occupation
Acouple more things you need!

First you need to go get rechargeable batterys,and a charger to go with them.I found one that charges mine in 15 minutes.

They make others that take longer,but you know as guys,times money,but always in a hurry and,then there is the last minute thing.

I have had my camera for over three years and i'm stilll using the same batterys.I bought extra set of battery,but have never opened them yet,because of the fast charger.

The spares was if i went some where and didn't want to take the charger,then i had spares.

They sure like batterys, don't they.

The other thing is a nice carrying case.Get one with a strap,so you can carry it around your neck.Most of them has extra pocket to carry the card and extra battery in.Have fun:usa

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Nice. We got my mom a Canon SX100 for her birthday in November and it's amazing what great shots you can take with it. Watch out taking family pictures though, if you have any slight blemish, the camera will pick up ALL details:D

I recommend checking out this website to figure out how to use all the settings. I know I still don't know what half of them do.

Here's a couple that I took. The first one was taken from 25 feet away and the last two were taken from the same spot, just with different zoom levels.

Attachments

• IMG_0037 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0037 (Small).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0068 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0068 (Small).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0069 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0069 (Small).JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 94

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
I'm definitely a Canon PowerShot guy (for the point and shoots)... I have an A610 and an S3 IS, and I love them both.

Awesome gift -- let me know if you have any questions using it!

I'll probably switch to Nikon for my dSLR stuff, but that's a couple thousand dollars I don't have right now.

Countryboy

Occupation
First you need to go get rechargeable batterys,and a charger to go with them.

The other thing is a nice carrying case.

Got the case but need to get the batteries. I'm looking at the Duracell Rechargable 2700 mah. Anyone tried these?

I recommend checking out this website to figure out how to use all the settings.

WOW, now that is a great site. Got some quality reading to do tonight. Thanks for the link. :drinkup

Awesome gift -- let me know if you have any questions using it!

My first dumb question :D.......

When I first opened the camera, I took a couple pictures. I hadn't inserted the memory card yet so the pictures were saved on the internal memory. How do I transfer pictures from internal memory, to the card, without having to hook up to a computer? :confused:

Jeff D.

Well, look what Santa left in my stocking.....
:eek: So, he is real then?! :wink2

I'm impressed with Cat420's second and third pics, and the zoom abilities of that digital Canon. He's much steadier holding a camera than me though, that zoomed pic would've been blurry from my shakie hands, that far away.:eek:

CB, if your new one is as good you owe Santa, bigtime!!:D

Countryboy

Occupation
:eek: So, he is real then?! :wink2

Yes, he is...but I found out that HE is actually a SHE....and SHE lives at my house. :D

He's much steadier holding a camera than me though, that zoomed pic would've been blurry from my shakie hands, that far away.:eek:

Image Stabilization is da bomb and handles that problem easily....that's cheating isn't it. :p

OK, Im gonna try to get some pictures up....

Countryboy

Occupation
First set of pictures with the new camera....:woohoo

I've got picture size at 640x480 and quality set at the lowest setting to meet forum parameters....and the pictures are fantastic. I took some pictures from across the pit (probably 1/4 mile distance), at largest picture size and highest quality and I could easily make out the driver in the haul truck....that's at a quarter mile distance :eek:. This thing is awesome. :cool:

Newest card reader with SD memory card. This one reads SD, MiniSD and MicroSD memory cards.
IMG_0206.JPG

Card reader and and MicroSD memory card for the cell phone. I try not to breathe when handling the card cause it might blow away. :D
IMG_0207.JPG

Camera case
IMG_0208.JPG

Construct'O

Occupation
My batterys are Ray/Vac NIMH 2000mah and says 15 minute rechargeable on the side of them. More info,charger will charge up to 4 AA or AAA Ray/Vac I-C3 batteries in 15 minutes. Other types like rechargeable alkaline will burst.

The charger i got is also Ray /Vac model PS6 Works great so far.
Says on the back that charges regular NIMH or NICD batteries over night.:usa

PSDF350

I have had my camera for over three years and i'm stilll using the same batterys.I bought extra set of battery,but have never opened them yet,because of the fast charger.

When I bought my replacement (olympus stylus 800) camera 2 years ago I bought 2 extra batteries because the ones that came with the cannon I had previously drained far to quickly. These things last forever. I have taking hundreds of pics and it has sat for months and go to take pic thing is still working. I obviously have charged since I have had it. But only a few times, since may 05. Wish my camcorder was the same. Thing is a battery drainer of the highest order. I need to remove battery when not in use.

PSDF350

First set of pictures with the new camera....:woohoo

I've got picture size at 640x480 and quality set at the lowest setting to meet forum parameters....and the pictures are fantastic. I took some pictures from across the pit (probably 1/4 mile distance), at largest picture size and highest quality and I could easily make out the driver in the haul truck....that's at a quarter mile distance :eek:. This thing is awesome. :cool:

I have also set my camera at the 640x480. But with the program I use to resize (which is still necessary) does a great job of reducing even my 3264x2448 to fit and still look good online. I use www.xat.com it was a free download.

Last edited: