• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ed's 77 Terex 72-41

mountainguyed67

We put on the power cluster (brake air & master cylinder bolted together) and bled the brakes, they bled fine. Then one started leaking out of the drum while adjusting. Doh! Not sure what happened.

56wrench

I didn’t think that valve was original because it looked new with no paint on it. Apparently it was replaced. I was curious as to what it was.

56wrench

I suspect it may be a relief valve for that particular circuit. If the boom and bucket functions are ok then its likely not causing any problem

terex herder

Your machine was originally 24V. Is it still 24V? A 24V solenoid on a 12V system would act how you describe. Otherwise you may have a corroded connection acting as a resister. Check the voltage at the solenoid with the solenoid energized. Check wire to wire across the solenoid, not hot to ground on the frame.

mountainguyed67

The town nearest our loader, we may not be able to get to the loader for a few months. We’ll have to see what the weather does. The road our loader is on isn’t plowed, and we have a steep driveway to get off of our place and back to the road. That steep driveway is in a turn on a hillside, so I can’t even run at it. I’d probably end up off the driveway if I ran at it.

EBA498A1-6991-4899-8194-CC44C546DBE0.jpeg 64AE4D89-57B9-42F3-86C6-13E944771CA5.jpeg

mountainguyed67

Got a good deal on a 12’ snowplow, and plan on adapting it to the loader. It’s reversible, so the snow will go either left or right. Or you can make it perpendicular to the road, that’ll be necessary for abrupt uphill or downhill changes.

ED6D10F9-60E8-48AD-83F8-7F021DF844C4.jpeg F0E4E3C7-681E-46F3-8FDB-26FB7B96293B.jpeg 6FFB8427-E971-4733-A178-AFE20985BC84.jpeg 4801C849-EE1E-4941-99B3-69E4A260FE9F.jpeg

mountainguyed67

It has this type mount. I’m thinking of building an adapter with the sockets with pins on one side, and holes for the loader arms on the other side.

BF3A85B8-8FBE-4B1E-B4D2-24C8BE250A9B.jpeg

It looks like it’ll pivot up and down on the pins in the sockets (not sure what they’re called).
3471A879-6057-4D07-A1F3-04C26DB7B971.jpeg

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
How is the snow up at your place now? Around here in the high country it is 4-6 feet deep and frozen into a rock for months now. Spent some time up there this week and single digits at night.

mountainguyed67

How is the snow up at your place now?

Gone, until you get just past our place driving uphill. The snow line is just above our place sometimes, the neighbors can’t even get to their place for 4 plus months. A neighbor adjacent to our place spent a week at his cabin ending a week ago, him and his daughter had to walk in from the road. Right now I can drive right onto our place no trouble, in a couple days we’re supposed to have a big storm down to 1,000 feet though. I would be able to get there right after that while the snow is still soft.

mountainguyed67

Diverter valve is finally working. I used a self drilling screw to ground the relay to the body under the seat (same screw that mounts the relay), ran a bigger wire to the diverter valve, black wire on the relay got power from the heater switch wire. When my nephew pulled the trigger I put a 1/2” box wrench into the magnet, and it pulled it in. He said the trigger made a sound too, like telling him it’s working. Plus the light on the diverter valve connector came on. My only reservation was the diverter and relay being grounded to opposite halves of the machine. Not sure if it has a ground strap between the two. So the loader’s ready, and the grapple is almost ready to pin on. All I need to do to the top pins is drill a hole in each. Bottom pins I don’t need to drill, I’m gonna make collar extensions. I also need to plug one of the two grease holes in the bottom pins.