• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Edukate me......

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Well, we live close to HWY 16 in central SK. Are you talking northern Alberta (tar sands) or Edmonton area? Camp work? Who's a good company or person to work for or sub contract for? Prefer a small company, don't like to just be a number.

It's Alberta there is work pretty muc everywhere. I dont know about the rental deal with a pull pan, the twin engines pretty much rule around here. Waiward is a great company, Sureway is another great company. Flat Iron has also moved in and dipped their fingers in everyones kool-aid. Also there is Kidco in Calgary. One member has described Kidco as a "cute little outfit".

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Back On a Can

I haven't been on here a lot lately, as I got myself a new place of employment for a while. I'm living at a friends place here in Wichita, Kansas.
I got on last week with Dondlinger and Sons, on a job with 1 637E series 2 and 2 637G's. I got the E...once I got used to the larger size, it's business as usual.
Waiting to see how much I like them and how much they like me. It's work and there's not much going on back in Omaha.
Stay tuned, more in the future.
Alan627b

Burnout

Occupation
I haven't been on here a lot lately, as I got myself a new place of employment for a while. I'm living at a friends place here in Wichita, Kansas.
I got on last week with Dondlinger and Sons, on a job with 1 637E series 2 and 2 637G's. I got the E...once I got used to the larger size, it's business as usual.
Waiting to see how much I like them and how much they like me. It's work and there's not much going on back in Omaha.
Stay tuned, more in the future.
Alan627b

So does this mean you are Alan637E now?

I was runnin a 27B the other day... can I have Alex627B?

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Not gonna change my handle...the 637E series II ain't too bad, but it sure doesn't ride any better than the
627B's I've been on. The other 2 guys got the near new G's, I got the used unit...nitrogen accumulator on the seat doesn't work (ouch) has a leaking hose that goes through about 50 gallons of hyd oil every 2 days, no front diff lock and the rear diff has problems, it's a one legger right now.
Has a nice EROPS cab with a/c, and it had heat until the heater hose blew the other day (sigh)....just like old times, almost.
Got to back to Kansas as soon as I finish this, came home for the holiday and now I'll be gone probably til Christmas.
I'll drop in when I can.

Burnout, alan627B is mine, how about B Pan Alex? Or Can Man? Keep the ladies wondering....
Take care guys.
Alan

Burnout

Occupation
Not gonna change my handle...the 637E series II ain't too bad, but it sure doesn't ride any better than the
627B's I've been on. The other 2 guys got the near new G's, I got the used unit...nitrogen accumulator on the seat doesn't work (ouch) has a leaking hose that goes through about 50 gallons of hyd oil every 2 days, no front diff lock and the rear diff has problems, it's a one legger right now.
Has a nice EROPS cab with a/c, and it had heat until the heater hose blew the other day (sigh)....just like old times, almost.
Got to back to Kansas as soon as I finish this, came home for the holiday and now I'll be gone probably til Christmas.
I'll drop in when I can.

Burnout, alan627B is mine, how about B Pan Alex? Or Can Man? Keep the ladies wondering....
Take care guys.
Alan

Can man just doesn't sound right if you know what I mean. A few of the buggy operators at work have told me the E's are a nicer ride than the G's anyways.

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Great video clip burnout.
I noticed that the 627B had no drop center on the cutting edge.
Were you doing finish work ?

Burnout

Occupation
Great video clip burnout.
I noticed that the 627B had no drop center on the cutting edge.
Were you doing finish work ?

I was just moving some clay, I'm not a buggy man, maybe it is one of the finishing buggies.