• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Engine Stand

terex herder

6 bottom plow? Going to take more than a 2 wheel drive tractor if you put it in the ground. There are still lots of plows around here in the weeds, not worth the trouble to haul them to the scrap yard.

Oxbow

6 bottom plow? Going to take more than a 2 wheel drive tractor if you put it in the ground. There are still lots of plows around here in the weeds, not worth the trouble to haul them to the scrap yard.
And an 8 bottom in the background. Hook them together and go to plowing!

Truck Shop

Somehow I don't think you three will like the price-will know better tomorrow but
even with used steel, and all other parts, some new plus some machine work I'm guessing ---
$2,500 to 2,700, will have price on used steel friday.

Oxbow

Somehow I don't think you three will like the price-will know better tomorrow but
even with used steel, and all other parts, some new plus some machine work I'm guessing ---
$2,500 to 2,700, will have price on used steel friday.
I think I'm in, especially if I can get an adapter plate for a B model. I don't believe I would likely be able to find another that would rotato like that for that price.

Besides, a road trip might be in order and it would be a pleasure to meet you!

Truck Shop

especially if I can get an adapter plate for a B model.
That would be extra because each bracket is for a particular block. I will have to see if I can find
a bare B model block to build one. Most of it is time figuring mounting points and getting drilled
straight, not that much material involved really.

Oxbow

That would be extra because each bracket is for a particular block. I will have to see if I can find
a bare B model block to build one. Most of it is time figuring mounting points and getting drilled
I'll have my neighbor do it with his cnc machine, just need to come up with a pattern for it.

Do you typically strip the turbo and oil cooler off, or take the injection pump off?

Edit to add: All that will be coming off, I just didn't know if it matters which side to attach to.

Last edited:

Truck Shop

Steel and all parts including labor come in at too high of level to make these cost effective plus
gas/shipping which is all part of it. So I'm abandoning the project, sorry boys this grumpy old
f@ck has other things to do, I'll gladly find plenty of other things to occupy my time.
End of thread and allot of other things.