• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Forestry Equipment in Detail

HDX

This thread will simplify looking for parts and measurements and other miscellaneous pictures of logging equipment that guys want or need of specific parts layouts. If you need a picture of something or what something looks like, we could post them here rather than spend an hour looking through other threads. We can try it and if it does not work out we can delete the thread.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Cool pics.....first day on the job at Pacific was building rads.Just a all round fun job (har har)..I like the idea behind the thread as well..

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
HDX; great idea - I'm in for this thread! Great pics specially from a modellers viewpoint Maybe you will post some detail pics of your new project. She is all ready looking great!

HDX

That is the right hand door off H94, Lukes P16 with the 3412 Cat Engine in her. This cab was replaced when she got her rebuild at Inland Kenworth. The cab was sent back to Franklin after the rebuild along with a lot of other parts all on pallets. Franklin ended up with a number of HDX cabs from Ron Young over at Sproat Lake Division when we were heavy into rebuilds. About that time we were just entering the recession and with the downturn in the Forest Industry things slowed down. Hayes Forest was increasing their fleet and bought some of the Hayes Cabs off M&B along with the Pacific cab that door came off. The door was removed there I ended up with most of the rest of that cab I think Would have to check But for sure that is lukes door. Would make a nice wall hanger for somebodies shop wall. H92 also had a door issue when a runaway log bumped into it at a high rate of speed. When H94 was rebuilt at Inland,everything was new right from Pacific. New fully loaded service cab, front fenders etc

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
That is the right hand door off H94, Lukes P16 with the 3412 Cat Engine in her. This cab was replaced when she got her rebuild at Inland Kenworth. The cab was sent back to Franklin after the rebuild along with a lot of other parts all on pallets. Franklin ended up with a number of HDX cabs from Ron Young over at Sproat Lake Division when we were heavy into rebuilds. About that time we were just entering the recession and with the downturn in the Forest Industry things slowed down. Hayes Forest was increasing their fleet and bought some of the Hayes Cabs off M&B along with the Pacific cab that door came off. The door was removed there I ended up with most of the rest of that cab I think Would have to check But for sure that is lukes door. Would make a nice wall hanger for somebodies shop wall. H92 also had a door issue when a runaway log bumped into it at a high rate of speed. When H94 was rebuilt at Inland,everything was new right from Pacific. New fully loaded service cab, front fenders etc

Well...I would be more than happy to hang it on my wall if it is available..I well remember assembling those trucks and have a very good picture in my head of dropping the engine in the first one..I also well remember Cat coming in to detune them..Other than the air throttle it must work ok as she is still powered by a 3412......

HDX

075 No it was not on there originally Some of the caps were drilled and tapped so a pressure gauge could be screwed onto them. This was to check to see what the actual pressure was in the rad at operating temp. Remember the Hayes rad was rated for 7 lbs pressure and they had the pressure relief unit mounted on the back (engine side) of the top tank. You can see where it mounts on the above pics, three holes. If it got stuck it would allow the pressure to build up more that allowed and would cause the rad to start leaking at the seams. Later these became obsolete and are very hard to find so a new style was made at machine shops and used a 12 lb car rad cap. I will post some pictures of the different versions Most guys with a Hayes or two have an old brass rad cap drilled out with an eye bolt in it and they use it to lift the rad out and replace it. Must say though It is a fairly heavy duty eye bolt. My new addition has a gauge on her rad cap. On H17 I have a gauge mounted right above the Murphy Switch gauge that I look at all day long. If you zoom in on any pictures of her you can see it there

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Thanks HDX pretty sure that was not on there when I drove it. Any thing that digs into your hand when you take the rad cap off you remember lol

HDX

First picture shows a Kenworth door regulator. Other four pictures are Hayes regulator with part numbers. This is a complete set and how the Hayes one would come.
IMG_3506.jpgIMG_3508.jpgIMG_3509.jpgIMG_3510.jpgIMG_3511.jpg

HDX

This is what fails on these regulators. The original gear was made of steel but for the last twenty-five years they were replaced with a plastic gear.
When there's force put on the window crank handle it will strip this plastic gear and this is what happens. You can see in the pictures what failed.
IMG_3514.jpgIMG_3515.jpgIMG_3516.jpgIMG_3517.jpgIMG_3518.jpg