• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel Price By Location

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
fuel price

Lets hear it guys,where are you and what is your on-road fuel price.

Im in north central pa and it is $3.90

eastern NC $3.85 non highway $2.99 someone want to tell us why, same fuel, just dyed

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
SW Wisconsin, anywhere from $3.85 to $3.99 for On Road Diesel, figure about $.50 less for off road. Gas is around $3.19 to 3.25 depending on where you go, E85 is around $2.40.

Trbo

camara

Occupation
Horizontal Directional Drilling Contractor
$4.299 in Norwood MA this morning. Watched Ch 5 News last night and they interviewed a couple of station owners and they said they expect $5 by Memorial Day or maybe even sooner!:eek:

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Jumped to $4.139 for on road this morning, $3.35 for reg gas. DAM oil companies. I really wish we could start being self sufficent, between the USA and Canada, we have the oil, Natural gas, food, steel, and every other dam thing we need to do what we want on our own. It would help that some of these lazy people get off their butts and do somthing, instead of our tax money keeping them in a house and food.
Trbo

Last edited:

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Here in Norther NJ I have seen from $3.85 - $4.39 today 3/13/08. I still want to know why diesel is $1.00 more than gas? And why some small gas staions that do not have that much turn around on diesel keep change prices every day even though they have not bought new diesel and should be selling for less since they bought it cheeper?

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Here in Norther NJ I have seen from $3.85 - $4.39 today 3/13/08. I still want to know why diesel is $1.00 more than gas? And why some small gas staions that do not have that much turn around on diesel keep change prices every day even though they have not bought new diesel and should be selling for less since they bought it cheeper?

I put gas in at a station this morning at $3.229 and they said it was going up to $3.359. I asked when, they said soon as we go out and change it. I asked how in the ******************************* they can do that when they haven't even had the fuel truck show up since tuesday. "AH I don't know but the station on the hill changed a bit ago." Price gouging at its best I guess.

Trbo

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
We should park every excavator, loader, dozer, skid steer, truck, trailer, anything out in the middle of the street. That'll bring the fuel price down.

camara

Occupation
Horizontal Directional Drilling Contractor
I agree with Mikef87. I think we should park all this equipment on the front lawn of the White House. I know we can't but something has to be done. If the trucks stop then:shf

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
I agree with Mikef87. I think we should park all this equipment on the front lawn of the White House. I know we can't but something has to be done. If the trucks stop then:shf

I went to Ireland about 6 years ago, they had the same problem, trucks lined up out on the highway and if I remember correctly that straightened the gvmt. out. I'll be more than happy to do it.

deeredriver

The goverment controlls more of this than you think. Just last week a major factor in driving up the crude was the states investing pension money in this. Local news paper has been saying that our state run recreation facilities(lakes) will be cloased for a good part of this year. They then asked why, and the federal govenment will not give the money needed for maintance. They then asked our congressman-his response was that all the money went to rebuild IRAQ! So now we suffer because of this. Why don't we take some of the oil then? Another problem is the week US dollar, thanks to the debt the federal govenment is in, and we can trace that to this war. What I wouldn't give to watch every oil speculator get his @ss burned!

PipeGuy

I've seen 4.00 - 4.20 for on road diesel fuel. Gas is around 3.30 here in Northern Indiana

PipeGuy

The prices is being set off of the "futures" price instead of the actually price driven by supply and demand. When you see on the news or tv what the price of crude is they are telling you the futures price, not the actual price that it will sell at. Another thing, I'm not sure about all the other states but Indiana has taxes that are a percentage of the total price of gas/fuel. so the higher the price goes for fuel the more the states make. One more hidden tax that most consumers don't understand

EZ TRBO

Occupation
One thing I have heard as to why fuel PRICE is so high right now, in terms of $$ per barrel is that fact that on the global market the US dollar is very low, so it takes more buck for a bang. I still say that this country could be very self sufficient and quit relying on the Middle east for our oil and China for all the cheap lead laced lil toys and stuff. I understand that for some things global trade is a wonderful thing, but the less you have to rely on someone else the better off you are.
Trbo