• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Future 99 Corridor

Blacksmoke07

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
This site all wrapped up? any pics of the final product.. or mabye some more equip. pics ?

bigshow

Here are a few more pics of Cold Spring Constructions' 5110b on the future I-99 project in Lindley, New York
060.jpg

048.jpg

040.jpg

036.jpg

bigshow

They were from this spring, maybe Aprilish. I'll get some more pictures on Sunday. I think the 740B get shipped out, if not I will get some of that too.

bigshow

I'm glad I could contribute, I did manage to get some more pictures Sunday, some from 99 and some from Reifenburgs' project on 86. I will post them as soon as I get a minute. As for the 764 it was on the thru-way job in Weedsport, N.Y., interesting machine, many guys didn't like it, I thought it was kinda handy in the proper situation. The Binghamton job comes out tomorrow that's gonna be a good job right there. Until next time.....

Blacksmoke07

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Man u should get some videos of that 5110 gettin at it..

bigshow

That 5110 doesn't exactly "get at it" it's pretty pokey and boring to watch. Throw three buckets at the nearest truck and repeat about 600 times then go home.

kokosing

Occupation
assistant manager/operator for a lumber reload yar
Hey guys, I just drove through the section where Cold Spring is working this past Tues/Wed, they also did a new bridge project just before this one. I believe they were hauling equipment back to the shop because I passed a lowboy empty coming back to the jobsite. I went and saw them when they were doing the RT219 extension project in the southtowns of Buffalo a couple years back. I noticed quite a large boom up on the hilltop and was convinced it was their 385, but now after seeing this post, not sure if it was the 5110, can anyone confirm that it is still there? Looks like they still have to build a few bridges on that project, but majority of the earthmoving is completed, from what I could see from the road below.

The 764 dozer was on the I90 reconstruction project outside Syracuse pushing stone base. I "heard" that flowboys were just lined up letting stone loose and the dozer was going at it.

Any news of where Cold Spring is headed next? Also, does anyone know if they're a union or non-union outfit? Not trying to start trouble, just asking!

bigshow

The backhoe you seen in springville was the 385c, that's down there in presho. The 110 is also on the presho job, that was purchased a year and a half or so ago. That 764 put down a lot of gravel, but so has every other dozer, last but not least non-union. I was on a road trip to Indiana last week and noticed a lot of kokosing pickups doing survey work in Ohio, next big job?

kokosing

Occupation
I remember the 385 in Springville, had my wife stand in the bucket for a pic! They also had their 245 ME and the 365(b or c?). I have to travel from Buffalo to Harrisburg twice a month for training so I am hoping to see the 5110 up close, only had a cell phone pic when I saw one first hand before.

Not sure about kokosing, just a fan of their company, I have the same name on the DHS forums so I figured I'd keep it on here too.

wnydirtguy

the 385 was pretty sweet to see in Springville. I t was real funny to see the CAT haul trucks fly across RT39. The flag guys would just stop traffic and let them roll thruogh full speed ahead load and empty.

kokosing

Occupation
^ what part of wny are you from?

I never got to see them actually working, but I did get to see the scrapers when they first started site work and that following spring with all the equipment and the Manitowoc ringer they had setup.

Such a shame that all of that work, hundred+ million dollars for a whopping 2 mile extension. Can't wait to see how long before the next phase begins, we have a better chance of the waterfront getting developed!!

bigshow

Wnydirtguys' comment about crossing the road at full speed reminded me of the corning 86 bypass project when they were running 31's and 37's off that side hill. The corning city cops sat at the crossing one day and shot radar on them as they came down off the hill, 55 to 60m.p.h.. They would kick em into neutral and throttle lock em so they could steer. Go hard or go home........plus they always stop when they get to the bottom, right?