• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Heater issues 299D3

Craig D Isham

Hello all, need some help. I have a 2020 CAT 299D3 XE that I use primarily for land management/forestry. During the winter I use it to run a CAT Snow Blower. This winter, the heater has been giving me issues. It will at times blow hot/warm, but it will then blow cold with no warning. In can not figure out why it blows cold air even though the engine temp is up and It has been running for several hours. Any thoughts?

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Is the radiator full to the top , not just looking at the overflow bottle or sight glass. Have to ask as a few on this forum have been surprised to find out radiator was down 1 or more jugs of coolant.
Usually a good place to start and then check on what Nige said with the heater hoses, plus a good old serial number.
Follow Nige's advice and doubt if you will go wrong.
Simon C