• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help Needed Purchasing Case 580C

dwall2181

Hello Friends,

Does this Case 580C engine sound normal? (video link below) Can't tell if the engine "ticking" sound is normal since I haven't been around these Case 207 engines and feel like I'm hearing a bit of a tick. This is a backhoe I'm considering purchasing from out of town and don't want to get a surprise. Should I be concerned?

Video Link

Welcome your thoughts on the machine.

Thank you!

Mike-G

Occupation
Engineer
Hello Friends,

Does this Case 580C engine sound normal? (video link below) Can't tell if the engine "ticking" sound is normal since I haven't been around these Case 207 engines and feel like I'm hearing a bit of a tick. This is a backhoe I'm considering purchasing from out of town and don't want to get a surprise. Should I be concerned?

Video Link

Welcome your thoughts on the machine.

Thank you!
I had a case 450 track loader for 18 years. It had a 207 D engine. It is a great engine that is easy to rebuild. Mine had an electrolysis pin hole in a cylinder after many years of service so I had to rebuild it. I got the whole kit from one of the ag suppliers and it wasn't too expensive. It's hard for me to tell from listening to a video so I can't help too much there. If the price is right and it's what you need I would go for it. Check the price of a rebuild kit just in case.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Looks and sounds good. Not sure what ticking noise concerning you.
No smoke, hydraulics seem good.
Nice machine.
Need to see how it moves.