• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

help with fitting type

sloped

Hello all, I am Dave.
I would not think this would be so difficult yet here I am : )
I have a 2005 Cat 226B Skid steer and I have a final drive that is leaking hydraulic fluid into the chain drive compartment.
So I have 2 questions really
1. are the hydraulic fittings on this orfs?
2. will anyone rebuild that drive or is it strictly a replace type item?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I have a 2005 Cat 226B Skid steer
That doesn't really mean a lot. All parts & service information is determined by the machine Serial Number. I'm guessing your machine is probably MJH-something but there are breaks in the production so a full S/N is key to providing accurate information.
1. are the hydraulic fittings on this orfs?
On the hystat lines or in general.? They will probably be a mixture of ORFS on the hose connections and SAE straight thread on the adapters.
2. will anyone rebuild that drive or is it strictly a replace type item?
The parts manual says "no serviceable parts" but that is searching without the benefit of a S/N. Aftermarket might be a different story and/or your only option.

sloped

Thank you so much for the quick response. Unfortunately even with the serial number the Cat website often says they cannot guarantee fit for my machine.
I was asking about the fitting because I want to buy a plug/cap kit for when I swap the drive out.
I have come to realize replacement is my option.
Can you by chance tell me if the drive motor part number 220-8152 will fit my machine.
I have conflicting info some say yes some say no.
From what I gather this part number is a replacement for 191-9650 can you tell me if this is true.
My machine serial is MJH05227
Thank you again, I see you are a huge asset here. I appreciate you Sir!!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Unfortunately even with the serial number the Cat website often says they cannot guarantee fit for my machine.
Probably a different site to the one we use.....
My machine serial is MJH05227
All that is needed.
Can you by chance tell me if the drive motor part number 220-8152 will fit my machine.
I have conflicting info some say yes some say no.
Frm what I gather this part number is a replacement for 191-9650 can you tell me if this is true.
There is a difference......
191-9650 is the "Hydrostatic Motor & Mounting Group". In total the Group comprises two drive motors and the associated hardware required to install them as shown by the illustration below.

1. 220-8152 is the Part Number for ONE drive motor, as indicated by the callout #2 on the illustration.
2. 220-8152 is the same Part Number of drive motor fitted to your machine when it was originally built in September 2005. If you go looking you should find a metal tag riveted somewhere on the case showing that Part Number.
3. There is a Reman motor available from Cat. The Part Number is 10R-3335.
4. There are plenty of internal repair parts listed for the 220-8152 motor. I don't know what your feelings are regarding pulling something like this apart and successfully rebuilding it.

1700667000902.png

Last edited: